Innovation Technology Engineer
As the Innovation Engineer , this role will be responsible for scouting and evaluating new / emerging technologies in China, understanding customer and market trends in China, conducting feasibility studies, and will develop proof of concepts (PoC) and minimum viable products (MVP) which fit the current and future product portfolio in accordance with company strategy.
Are you passionate about the opportunities of innovation for the Chinese users? Are you a fan of new technologies and applying them for better customer experience? Are you an innovator who wants to develop hardware, software or services that millions of people will be delighted to use everyday? If so, we have an exciting new role, where you will have a huge impact.
Creativity & Productivity (C&P) is the biggest division of Logitech, consisting of the tech devices and applications that help people be at their creative and productive best in their personal workspace. Our C&P business is a key pillar of Logitech’s future as a global brand known for great design and exceptional user experiences.
As the Innovation Engineer , your role will be responsible for scouting and evaluating new /emerging technologies in China, understanding customer and market trends in China, conducting feasibility studies, and you will develop proof of concepts (PoC) and minimum viable products (MVP) which fit the current and future product portfolio in accordance with company strategy.
Based in our office in Shanghai, you will report to the Technology & Innovation Lead, Creativity & Productivity (C&P), China, and will work closely with our broad cross-functional teams including engineering, design, and product management, etc. across multiple sites in China, Asia, Europe and USA.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. Share our passion for Equality and the Environment. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech.
In this role you will:
● Investigate new / emerging technologies, innovations, market trends and opportunities.
● Generate scouting reports / white papers to increase company knowledge and gather insight.
● Communicate with external / open innovation sources such as universities, startups, incubators / accelerators, tech-companies, creative agencies, etc.
● Propose new concepts / project ideas based on the opportunities identified from technology scouting and open innovation networking.
● Conduct feasibility studies from technology and system perspectives, and define innovation project requirements, system architecture, scopes, timelines, deliverables, etc.
● Develop new concepts /ideas into commercially viable products together with business, design, engineering and product management teams.
● Write patent disclosure and assist Intellectual Property (IP) function to secure filing / grant of patent.
For consideration, you must bring the following experience, skills and behaviors to join our team:
● Experience of technology scouting and innovating in China, for China
● Having a good network and experience of working with top universities, leading tech startups or companies, such as Baidu, Alibaba, Tencent, etc.
● Experience in relevant engineering such as electrical, mechanical, software, or firmware development
● Competent in use of design tools /software to visualize ideas / concepts, system schematics and layouts, solution architecture, etc.
● Native Chinese language is a must with good communication skills in English
● Attention to details and ability to work independently
In addition, preferable skills and behaviors include:
● Experience of working with consumer electronics devices
● Successful completion of delivering concept into real product
● Technical background in the areas such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, voice / image recognition, augmented / virtual reality, cloud services, etc.
● B.S. or M.S. in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, optical engineering, computer science or a related field
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 1-510-713- 4866 for assistance.