Compensation/Total Rewards Analyst
Logitech is looking for a Compensation/Total Rewards Analyst to support the implementation and administration of our compensation, benefits and global mobility programs. The Total Rewards team is responsible for designing, implementing and administering competitive compensation and benefits programs that attract, retain and motivate the level of talent needed to create and manage an innovative, high growth company in a highly competitive and rapidly evolving market.
As a member of our EMEA Total Rewards team, you will report to the Head of Total Rewards EMEA and will support the administration of our Total Reward programs across the EMEA region.
This is an opportunity to tackle compensation analysis and manage market data while working closely with a small and highly collaborative team. With a primary emphasis on compensation and analysis, this position will also support the administration of our regional benefit and global mobility programs.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
· Support regional compensation, benefit, and global mobility initiatives
· Conduct analysis of market data from multiple sources to determine competetiveness of package offered by Logitech
· Participate and support survey participation and benchmarks for compensation and benefit matters
· Participate in job leveling and evaluation, job code creation and cleanup, and data requests from clients
· Manage compliance with applicable regulatory requirements regarding employee pay and benefits while staying up-to-date on current related legislation
· Maintain up-to-date information in a structured format on all benefits programs in the region as well as the up-to-date list of suppliers
· Act as a second level support for employee compensation or benefits related queries
· Assist with employee communication and education, including maintenance of total rewards content on company’s intranet
· Participate in other Total Rewards projects and initiatives
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
· 2+ years of relevant work experience
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Ability to work independently; be a self-starter
In addition, preferable skills and behaviors include:
· Experience working in a global business environment
· Proficiency with Workday preferred
· BA/BS degree in related field or equivalent industry expertise
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
Logitech is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Logitech are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.