Japan Marketing Director
10< years of experience in 4P and product / consumer marketing
- At least 10 – 15 years of experience in product marketing and consumer marketing
- Deep expertise in managing 4P (product, price, place, promotion) with product P/L responsibility
- Product merchandising and trade marketing expertise in OFL to a high level
- Digital (ONL) marketing expertise
Retail experience and expertise
Solid retail experience and knowledge of the retail environment is a must
5< years of on-line (digital) marketing experience
- Experience leveraging innovative on-line marketing tools
- Experience driving consumer sellouts via winning concepts by consumer pull
- A demonstrable background driving marketing via online and social media
5< years of experience to lead organization of 5 or more people
5< years of 4P & P/L management
- Solid expertise of product portfolio management, price / margin optimization, channel management, and product forecasting to maximize SO
Experience leveraging CRITICAL LEADERSHIP CAPABILITIES
- Works to achieve goals while overcoming obstacles and/or planning for contingencies.
- Shows strong feelings (e.g. urgency) about reaching targets.
- Checks work of self and others against required quality standards.
- Reviews performance and progress on a regular basis to ensure team is achieving results.
- Tests to see if goals are sufficiently challenging and implements corrective action based on deviations.
- Engages people in discussion around the business direction, conveying the organizational vision and direction and how the unit or a project fits in.
- Delegates projects with a clear set of agreed objectives/measures of success.
- Translates business goals into priorities and individual performance measures aligned with goal progress measures and communicates regularly about long-term goals to reinforce the larger intent.
- Frequently reviews project progress and seeks corrective actions when needed.
- Evident leadership capabilities, a minimum of 5-6 years of managing, coaching
- Business management skills, ideally with P&L level experience and a good understanding of the indirect business model, margin structure, pipeline management, key partners
- Structured selling techniques which span the entire sales life cycle, i.e. identification and qualification of opportunities, business development, etc
- Strong influencing skills including listing, questioning, qualifying, gaining commitment, negotiating, summarizing, closing, etc
- Entrepreneurial spirit and start-up mentality
- Highly collaborative and communicative
- Fluent in English