Lead User Research Evangelist
The Consumer Insights team works as part of Logitech’s larger Design Team. As an in‐house insights team, we provide consumer and user focused strategic support for our business partners. Our role is to keep the organization grounded in the reality of consumer lives, to scout for innovation opportunities for the future, and to make sure the experiences that our innovation teams are working on are human‐centered.
As our Lead User Research Evangelist, you will be responsible for crafting and communicating a learning and development program of the Consumer Insights group, and expressly inspire and educate, through best practices, the skills needed for any professional to apply tactical user research methods to their roles. You will be a team member in the User Learning Research Center, which is building up the pillars of research strategy, education, logistics, and user panels for Logitech. This position is located at our Logitech offices in Newark, California.
● Defining and conducting experiential learning workshops, including but not limited a blend of innovation and user research workshops/sprints, as well as creating the tools, content, and education materials to support them
● Co‐designing and facilitating from large‐scale workshops to rapid sprints in our global design studios, in addition to holding sessions with global and remotely distributed teams
● In‐house expert on education and experiential learning for (rapid) user research methods, educating and empowering teams from 1‐2 persons to 25+ persons in size
● Collaborating with team members in scaling the User Learning Research Center
● 8+ years of general research experience
● Expert facilitator of innovation workshops and sprints
● Familiarity with user and usability research techniques. Knowledgeable in design‐thinking methodology and current best practices
● 3+ years of demonstrated leadership through projects or teams, bonus points for experience in performance management or change management teams
● Excellent communication skills
● Lifelong learner, perpetual curiosity of and passionate about humans, learning styles, and how people learn
● Strong project management skills, including managing multiple projects simultaneously
● Background in pedagogy, service design experience and/or international work experience, a plus
● Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
● Degree in Psychology, Education, Behavioral Science, Cognitive Science, Anthropology, Sociology, Design or a related field
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 510-713- 4866 for assistance.