Manager, Embedded Firmware Engineering
What is the first thing you think of when I mention Logitech? If you are like most people, you are probably thinking keyboard, mouse and webcam. However, did you know that Logitech is the market leader in Video Collaboration (VC) equipment in the enterprise market? In fact, we sell more VC equipment than the next two competitors combined!
We are a fast paced, nimble group with a mission to make the Video Conferencing experience for the remote participant better than being physically in the conference room by using technologies such as Computer Vision/Machine Learning, Cloud Computing and Internet of Things (IoT). Our group is run like a startup, by people who have a track record of leading teams in other startups and/or top tier technology companies such as Netflix and Amazon and the results speak for themselves. We have consistently had double digit growth over the past several years, including a whopping 60% in the latest quarter.
We are looking for talented engineers and leaders to join our growing team innovators and go-getters to deliver the next set of revolutionary products. Ideal candidates will exhibit a high degree of ownership, independent thinking, a die-hard, can do attitude with a burning desire to challenge and change the status quo. If you believe you have what it takes to change the course of an entire industry, we can't wait to talk to you and bring you on-board :).
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
• Provide leadership for a team of engineers by bringing in clarity of deliverables and timelines
• Work with other engineering and Product management teams to break down complex requirements into scalable design specifications that the team can implement
• Cultivate and promote software best practices, including Agile development practices and test drive development
• Leverage SoC/MCU vendors and ODMs to accelerate product development, negotiating requirements, timelines and making sure their deliverables are of good quality
• Take a 'platform' approach to firmware development, reusing software modules across multiple product lines and product types
• Hire top talent, motivate, coach and grow the team to achieve greatness
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
• At least 5 years as a hands-on Firmware engineer using C/C++, both designing complex software solutions and implementing the code for multiple complex real world embedded products.
• At least 5 years experience managing high performance firmware teams and shipping products under tight timeline
• At least a Bachelor's degree in Electronics Engineering, Telecommunications or Computer Science•
• Demonstrable experience in Real-time Embedded software (RTOS) and Microcontroller fundamentals, including Interrupts, Registers, Watchdog, DMA, RTOS,
• Device drivers development experience for common devices and low-level communication protocol such as USB, UART, I2C, I2S, PCIe, GPIO, I2C, ADC, DAC, etc.
• High degree of ownership and a 'go-getter' attitude that is contagious
• Quick learner, inquisitive with excellent verbal and written skills in English
In addition, preferable skills and behaviors include:
• Experience with debugging tools such as JTAG, Logic Analyzer and Oscilloscope
• Experience with Python development
• Experience with video cameras, ISPs, sensor bring-up
• Experience with Linux driver development
• Experience with vendor engagement and negotiation
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (510)713- 4866 for assistance.