Mechanical Engineering Intern - Gaming
The potential candidate will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic R&D Center, collaborating with expert teams to create great products in gaming related categories. Passion for design and development is the key, this includes creating and testing solutions to meet design goals.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
• Review current product Mechanism design in the Market, and understand each product parameter
• Analysis and identify parameters and other aspects of design
• Extensive prototyping based on parameters to validate the output
• Use of measurement and testing equipment, to support output, includes optical measurement & drop test testing etc.
• Organize user testing and qualification
• Sketches, drawings, renderings, including presentations
• At the end of the internship, the potential candidate will have to deliver:
- Summary parameters of analysis and output of user test
- A fully functional prototype to demonstrate parameters
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
• The potential candidate should be graduate level with a Mechanical Engineering degree or similar, candidate finishing the 3rd year on a degree course could be considered
• English communication skills - both written and verbal
• Ability to analysis with a large volume of data
• Being interested in design and technology is of particular interest
• 3D modeling (Pro/E, Creo, SolidWorks, CATIA, UR, 3Ds MAX)
• Knowledge of prototyping, material and tooling and molding is a plus
• Involvement in Simulation Racing Game or real vehicle activity is also an advantage.
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”