Sr UX Designer (Park City)
The Sr. UX Designer is responsible for designing highly polished, human centered, branded, interesting and future forward experiences across both digital and physical touchpoints. The primary focus of this role will be leading digital design initiatives within the Jaybird app as well as on Jaybirdsport.com. Additional projects will focus on interaction design and the overall user experience of our physical products. Successful candidates will have a proven track record in delivering exceptional work in both User Experience and Visual design—with a portfolio to back it up.
- Lead UX and visual design initiatives on jaybirdsport.com, the Jaybird app and other hardware related projects
- Provide design leadership across visual design, UX and brand
- Provide mentorship and direction to more junior team members.
- Express your attention to detail and passion for layout, iconography and typography.
- Work closely with engineering and product leads to deliver detailed flows, wireframes and prototypes of complex experiences
- Create and sustain design detail across complex experiences.
- Challenge the status quo through conceptual thinking.
- Create visual design and UX deliverables and other hands-on project work.
- Collaborate with Business, Digital and Product Leads.
- Develop internal skills and tools to keep the team at the forefront of our field.
- For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related design experience in an agency or brand leading products.
- Relevant experience in digital product design including user experience, interaction and visual design (apps, web, digital ecosystems)
- Strong portfolio of cutting edge work that demonstrates not only solid design skills but forward thinking approaches.
- Highly polished aesthetic sense deeply rooted in design fundamentals.
- Strong knowledge of brand as it relates to design and digital.
- Deep knowledge of UX design— know when to follow the rules and when to break them.
- Strong knowledge of Sketch, the full Adobe suite of products and Keynote.
- Motion design skills and experience with After Effects or tools such as Hype Pro, Principle or Framer.
- Experience with front-end prototyping tools such as Flinto or Marvel – deeper coding skills a plus.
- Knowledge of technical innovations and constraints as it pertains to a variety of platforms and devices in the digital space.
- Deep understanding of quality control and other techniques during a development process.
- Experience with connected products and hardware interaction design is a plus.
- In addition, preferable skills and behaviors include:
- Understanding of quality assurance and other techniques during the development process.
- Believes in collaboration – not waterfall.
- Lives, breathes, loves all areas of design.
BA/BS or BFA (or higher) in Interaction/Graphic Design or a related degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1-510-713-4866 for assistance.