This position will be responsible for assembling, evaluating and improving package designs and / or parts. You will be responsible to ensure that the proper test procedure was followed per our standards and to evaluate the results.Design improvements may be needed to improve the design. In addition you will be required to ensure that parts received from our venders adhere to our requirements and standards. There will also be data recording/input for our test reports, as well as utilization of Agile for part recognition /approval/ordering etc.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
Deliver multiple projects to meet technical strategies and BG’s schedule by. Solve packaging structural issues and optimize existing packaging for CIP. Responsible for the relevant packaging test and create/design packaging document.
- Project deliverable
- Transfer package design/concept from design centre to Suzhou in-house/OEM/ODM on time.
- Build up the packaging prototype and do verification.
- Design packaging structure with 3D software and verify reliability with specific material.
- Cost and quality control
- Support team to do the design approval, communicate with vendor efficiently on the ballpark cost and the detailed specification;
- Localize the packaging parts based on China supply chain with qualified requirement.
- Support the trial run with purchasing, PM, manufacturing and quality team;
- Survey and audit the supplier chain;
- Trouble-shooting and Production support
- Analyze the failed packaging test, find out the root cause of the failure and provide the solution. - Lead and solve the engineering issue of packaging before MP.
- Support and solve the issues of packaging during MP
- System maintain
- Create the packaging file and update the specific details of the packaging document.
- Process validation control and release the reliable test report for packaging.
- Bachelor Degree in Packaging Engineering or Material or Mechanical Engineering.
- 5 years + work experience in packaging development in multi-cultural company.
- Familiar with Creo / Pro-E, Auto CAD and Microsoft Office software, Artios CAD is preferred.
- Solid experience in packaging structure design/process (Plastic injection and Vacuum forming), packaging materials, printing/production process (different coating/finishing process), transportation packaging etc.
- Familiar with ISTA/ASTM packaging test standard.
- Proven experience of trouble-shooting for packaging structure design and structure issue. Details orientation, responsible, proactive attitude, team work and organized.
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese / Mandarin.
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.