Senior Electrical Engineer
ASTRO Gaming is a rapidly growing company seeking people with a passion for product development and consumer electronics. Well qualified individuals will have a proven track record of success taking at least one product through a complete design cycle.
ASTRO Gaming is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer for our fast-paced, growing gaming environment that will be responsible for the complete design process from hardware design concept through validation testing and final documentation. This person must thrive in small team environments and be an effective communicator.
In this role you will be:
- Responsible for complete hardware design to include: conceptualization, feasibility testing, cost estimation, design, validation testing, and final documentation.
- Collaborate with engineering team to determine electrical product architecture.
- Develop and own schematics and PCB layouts.
- Perform electrical bring up, validation/verification, debug, and certification, as needed for all designs.
- Write technical product requirements with comprehensive test procedures and verify performance through tests and product evaluations.
- Successfully communicate and partner with other ASTRO Gaming departments, outside contractors, as well as Asia ODM.
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
- Experience and knowledge of certification requirements, including UL, FCC, CE, USB-IF.
- Experience with component sourcing/selection, cost reduction.
- Understanding of product reliability/life-cycle, DFM/DFT, QA processes
- Capable of developing high volume, highly functional, low cost design solutions in a fast pace environment.
- Experience working with Asia ODM’s from initial product specifications, evaluating technical capabilities through product development management and mass production.
- High level of expertise with schematic capture and layout required. Mentor Graphics PADs experience is a plus.
- Good understanding of general electrical design best practices.
- Experience designing for EMI, ESD, etc…
- Understanding electrical system integration and power distribution.
- Knowledge of RF design and tuning concepts, including routing, antenna design, network analysis. Able to work with RF consultants as needed to produce quality RF designs.
- Knowledge of low-power embedded design concepts, especially power optimization.
In addition, preferable skills and behaviors include:
- Knowledge of analog and digital audio design concepts. Knowledge of industry standards and state-of-technology is a plus.
- Proven ability to perceive needs, create theoretical solutions and bring to fruition electronic system designs providing superior performance, reliability and cost effectiveness.
BS in Electrical Engineering or related field required.
5+ years proven track record of bringing consumer electrical products into production.
More about us:
ASTRO is a pioneer in gaming audio and lifestyle products and has a strong leadership position in the premium end of the global console gaming headset market.We believe our history of producing award-winning headsets for pro e-sports and console gamers perfectly complements the PC gaming expertise Logitech G is best known for, and we are looking forward to delivering excellence gamers have come to expect.
ASTRO Gaming is part of the larger Logitech family. Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.