CMF Senior Technical Manager
Are you ready to join a team involved with designing exciting products for a great company? Logitech is now looking for a CMF Eng Lead to join the team in Hsinchu, Taiwan.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
• Support Business Group head of Engineering by owninging CMF technical deliverables in new product design and development. You also own the CMF technical pipeline to support BG product roadmap.
• You’re accountable for any CMF sustaining issues of products in MP.
• Understand BG’s business and design needs, translate them into CMF technical needs, form a CMF technical roadmap, negotiate with head of CMF and BG head of Engineering to ensure technology roadmap are delivered.
• Supporting Head of CMF to work with Operation and strategic partners and suppliers to ensure the new technology are implemented into designed volume production.
• Partner with product marketing/ID/ME/CMF design, perform CMF engineering design of new products and manufacturing processes: DFM, GD&T, SPC, DOE, perform materials selection, trial and qualification, painting / printing / plating and other CMF process trials, troubleshooting on-site, support product projects.
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
• Technical competence:
- Creative CMF engineering design in the early phase of product concept with design, marketing, operation and other engineers. Synthesize and present data and ideas logically.
- Keeper of the engineering design quality to enable CMF process capability in trials and MP, solving problem systematically through out define, approve, develop, qualify new CMF.
- Familiar with materials knowhow & technology (plastic, metal, composites, flexible technology and so on). Experienced in color/appearance management techniques and Finishing techniques like printing, painting, IMD,...
• Personal competence
- Fluent English (reading, speaking and writing), Chinese a plus
- Good communication skills as the CMF consultant, CMF technical influencer
- Being able to work efficiently in a global, multi-cultural team
- Willing to travel
- Able to work with overseas suppliers
- 5 years experiences as a CMF/ME engineer
- 5 years experience in electronics, sports goods or related industries: molding, painting, printing, plastic decoration
- 3 year experience in managing suppliers in high volume production, small batch manufacturing a plus
- 3 years experience working as a project engineer
- 2 years experience focus using your communication / coordination skills
• University degree, equivalent or above - training in one of the following specialties or related: chemistry, physics, chemical engineering, materials science and engineering, printing technology, mechanical engineering
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (510)713- 4866 for assistance.