Senior Software Engineer - Build, Release and Tools
Ready to join and contribute to a rapid paced, fast growing group at Logitech? Logitech is the #1 provider of video conferencing products, from the meeting room to the desktop.
The Video Collaboration team is looking for a highly motivated engineer with strong development skills and understanding of what it takes to deliver new products to the customers quickly. Candidate must be able to work with wide variety of teams, understand their needs and to design and develop automation frameworks and APIs that are integrated with continuous development process. This is a key position to support on-going quality improvement for the video conference products. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills are essential.
- Setup build environments and pipelines in Jenkins for software artifacts to be built and published
- Implement features of automation/tools that would help teams achieve higher level of development efficiency
- Provide engineering support for package and version set administration, source code control, and deployment infrastructure maintenance
- Work with engineering teams to ensure tight integration of automation from development to validation
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the quality of the products
- 3-5 years of experience as a SW engineer with at least 2 years experience in a continuous integration/deployment (CI/CD) environment including:
* Knowledge of and experience with Build/Release Engineering methods and methodologies.
* Using Jenkins to setup and manage build environments in Linux, macOS and Windows.
* Setting up Jenkins pipelines to build software artifacts.
- Relevant experience with build, source code management, and testing technologies, including Git, Jenkins, Ansible (Chef or Puppet) and Linux.
- Experience with Android SDK and testing Android CTS/VTS is a plus
- Strong experience in Python (or other languages) developing tools and/or automation frameworks
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must be willing to learn new technologies and add it to the technology stack
- Proven ability to drive adoption across team boundaries and cross-functional teams across different time zones while ensuring and enforcing standards which are required for large-scale production-level software
- Experience with DevOps, test driven development, and test automation for all levels of the test pyramid. Experience with Selenium is an advantage
- Consumer devices and embedded systems experience.
- Experience with elastic/splunk or any Log aggregation tools.
- Good understanding of databases.
- Experience with AWS.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) is required, preferably in an Engineering discipline; a graduate technical degree a plus.
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it.
As a company, we're small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we're big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That's a pretty sweet spot to be in and we're always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 510-713- 4866 for assistance.