ME Technical Manager
The ME Technical Manager is an innovating lead designer for our next generation audio products under the Logitech and Ultimate Ears brands in our Hsinchu, Taiwan office. The ideal candidate will have a strong consumer electronics background, be a self-starter, a strong leader, and will have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills. They will be responsible for the research and development of consumer audio products. As the key individual contributor, you will have the opportunity to design audio products such as multimedia speakers, headphones, and headsets.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
• Design, develop, and validate product mechanical systems
• Investigate new technologies and processes in order to maintain cutting edge design solutions and drive innovation
• Collaborate across disciplines with internal and external design partners from early concept through production life cycles
• Collaborate with suppliers, engineers, 3rd party partners, and functional managers
• Ensure solutions exceed feature requirements and consumer expectations
For consideration, please bring the following minimum skills and behaviors:
• Experience working with suppliers and vendors (ODM, CDM, CM models)
• Successful prior experience designing consumer electronic products
• Strong knowledge in various manufacturing process and able to apply them effectively to meet part requirements and consumer expectations
• Knowledge of plastic, tooling, injection molding, and assembly process, cosmetic finishes, and defect analysis
• Proponent of DFM, DFA, FMEA, tolerance analysis...
• Strong problem-solving skills and ability to use statistical tools and techniques
• Flexibility and comfort working in a fast-paced environment that is evolving
• Highly proficient in 3D MCAD (prefer Pro-Engineer) and simulation tools (ANSYS)
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Mandarin, high level of cross-cultural competence in communicating effectively in a global environment
• Bachelor’s, Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• 7+ years of industry experience
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.