Senior Product Safety Engineer
As a Sr. Product Safety Engineer at Logitech, you'll work with Design Engineering Teams to support all applicable hardware products and accessories throughout Logitech. You’ll perform the assessment of safety critical items through improved analysis and traceability, while performing subsequent corrective action development, and then applying learnings proactively in the product development cycle of new products. The Sr. Product Safety Engineer will report to the Product Compliance Manager within the Global Quality Operations and serve a multitude of end-to-end compliance program managers to ensure compliance at all stages of the product life cycle. It’s critical that this role work in a hands on approach with Legal to implement new requirements, perform failure analysis, and work closely with the internal ISO17025 Lab to support both Safety and Energy Related Standards. A strong collaborator’s mindset is fundamental to this role’s success working to support complex challenges on an array of products in various business groups operating globally at Logitech.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
• Assist hardware design teams to review product designs, analyze safety hazards, generate Engineering Requirement Specifications, and design safe and compliant products employing various technical features such as: lasers, LEDs, internal and external power supplies, power and interconnecting cables, secondary and primary cells, transformers and mechanical housings.
• Investigate failures, identify root cause, and work to drive corrective as well as preventive actions within product teams. Provide risk analyses and assessments at both the system and component level associated with design, manufacturing, and possible misuse of products.
• Develop novel methods for safety analysis using in-house equipment which reduce cost and improve turnaround time of testing and investigation.
• Perform or outsource safety testing to simulate faults and validate external partner safety reports.
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
• Bachelor's in science or engineering
• 5 years of product safety experience (consumer electronics preferred)
• Experience working in a global role with expert level english proficiency
• Experience with global CB Scheme, NRTLs, and various safety standards: EN60065, EN60950, EN62368
In addition, preferable skills and behaviors include:
• Ability to read and interpret schematic designs
• Experience developing data analysis tools, numerical simulations, or statistical analyses.
• Experience working in a production environment at various stages in the product development cycle
• Additional experience in either RF, EMC or Energy is a plus
• Capable of influencing teams indirectly through timely, accurate, and powerful analysis.
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we're small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we're big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That's a pretty sweet spot to be in and we're always striving to keep it that way.
"All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability."