Android Build Engineer
- Re-architect Android build systems and scripts to allow for fast and efficient build times.
- Understand Android device security and implement secure signing.
- Implement features of automation/tools that would help teams achieve higher level of development efficiency
- Setup and maintain a scalable, stable set of build, test and deploy jobs for the Engineering team
- Work with engineering teams to ensure tight integration of automation from development to validation
- Take ownership of core automation tools such as Gerrit, Jenkins, Github and extend/maintain as needed
- Ensure the infrastructure is secure, recoverable (disaster, data) and maintained (security patches, tool upgrades, etc.) and highly automated
- Java with interest in Kotlin or additional experience in modern day languates.
- Good understanding of core libraries, application framework and android architecture
- Knowledgable in Android Build systems with the ability to rearchitect Android builds using Project Treble
- Strong knowledge of Git and repo tool used with Android
- Strong experience scripting in Python, Bash with the ability to dissect build scripts and parallelize them.
- Experience with Java build systems, Gradle, Soong
- Good understanding of Linux makefiles and ability to develop makefiles.
- Experience with Android test frameworks Preferred
- Prior experience with security tools and code signing is extremely helpful
- Must be willing to learn new technologies and add it to the technology stack
- Proven ability to drive adoption across team boundaries and cross-functional teams across different time zones while ensuring and enforcing standards which are required for large-scale production-level software
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”