Color Material Finish Technical Manager
JD - Color Material Finish Technical Manager
Are you ready to join a team involved with designing exciting products for a great company? Logitech is now looking for a CMF Technical Manager to join the team in Suzhou, China.
Move fast. Speak up. Decide and own. Drive change. Exceed customer needs. These are some of the winning behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
- Implement & conduct innovation ideas for Logitech, lead and/or support CMF technology projects to enable products and our customer diversity, inclusivity, sustainability and customization
- partner with product marketing/ID/ME/CMF design, perform CMF engineering design of new products: DFM, GD&T, SPC, DOE, perform materials selection, trial and qualification, painting / printing / plating and other CMF process trials, trouble shooting on-site, support product projects
- manage / partner with molding and CMF related suppliers to ensure smooth CMF process ramp-up and MP for NPI
- provide CMF consulting, training and support to Hsinchu site (ME, QA, Commodity, PMs...)
- support on-going supplier audit for new tech, cost-down on existing tech...
For consideration, you must bring the following skills and behaviors to our team:
- Technical competence:
- Creative CMF engineering design in the early phase of product concept with design, marketing, operation and other engineers. Synthesize and present data and ideas logically.
- Keeper of the engineering design quality to enable CMF process capability in trials and MP, solving problems systematically throughout define, approve, develop, qualify new CMF.
- Familiar with materials knowhow & technology (plastic, metal, composites, flexible technology and so on). Experienced in color/appearance management techniques and Finishing techniques like printing, painting, IMD,...
- Skilled auditor according to ISO, maintain a pro-active partnership with key CMF suppliers
- Personal competence
- Fluent English (reading, speaking and writing), Chinese a plus
- Good communication skills as the CMF consultant, CMF technical influencer
- Attention to details and flexible in a fast-moving environment
- Being able to work efficiently in a global, multi-cultural team
- Willing to travel
- Able to work with overseas suppliers
- University degree, equivalent or above - training in one of the following specialties or related: chemistry, physics, chemical engineering, materials science and engineering, printing technology, mechanical engineering
- Experience (minimum )
- 5 years experiences as a CMF/ME engineer
- 5 years experience in electronics, sports goods or related industries: molding, painting, printing, plastic decoration
- 3 year experience in managing suppliers in high volume production, small batch manufacturing a plus
- 3 years experience working as a project engineer
Small Company. Big Products.
Logitech is a world leader in products that connect people to their digital experiences. With a broad portfolio of interface devices, Logitech’s leadership in innovation encompasses a wide variety of corded and cordless personal peripherals. With special emphasis on products for PC navigation, gaming, Internet communications, digital music and home-entertainment control, Logitech is at the forefront of design and is creatively driving a richer experience for digital interactions.
Logitech is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Logitech are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.