What’s your purpose and impact?
This Accountant role will be equipped with an intermediate level of accounting knowledge and looking to expand their practical experience in the accounting field. The accountant assists the wider finance team, especially the Finance Manager with accurate and timely maintenance of the chart of the accounts and month end processes.
This role assists in ensuring we meet our statutory obligations and supports senior management with financial reporting to assist the business in making effective financial and operational decisions.
What do you need to be able to do?
- Monitor and assist with the bank reconciliation process for all bank accounts with multi currencies
- Take responsibility for various tenders’ reconciliation in a timely and accurately manner.
- Reconcile the store safe ledgers and cash in transit accounts. Investigate any outside of tolerance variances
- Prepare and post monthly company credit card journals and staff expenses claims
- Assistance in end of month reconciling Balance Sheets and post journals under guidance of Finance Manager
- Investigate any outstanding variances for reconciliation items in the Balance Sheet accounts
- Assistance in preparation of monthly, quarterly, and yearly statutory reporting under the guidance of Finance Manager
- Communicate in a professional manner with internal and external stakeholders.
- Complete ad hoc tasks under the direction of the Finance Manager.
What qualifications / experiences do you need?
- Fully qualified CPA/CA or studying towards CPA/CA
- Tertiary education with an accounting or finance degree.
- 3 to 5 years experiences as general accountant in a retail business, preferably an Australian retail business
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels of the business.
- Strong initiative and a problem-solving mindset.
- A high level of computer literacy.
- Strong excel skills, including VLOOKUP’s, pivot tables and advanced formulas.
- Demonstrated time management skills and the ability to use initiative to priorities workloads with competing priorities.