Design Researcher/UX Designer, Berlin (f/m)
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.Design Researcher / UX Designer, Berlin (f/m)
As part of our engineering organization, the brand new design team in Berlin is seeking a strong designer. We are looking for someone with a passion for design reseach and a broad understanding of user experience and visual design, ideally within the area of enterprise product development.
The Perfect applicant will:
- Take ownership to lead design projects by collaborating with a broader team of designers, Product Managers, UI developers, backend engineers and other Engineering leaders
- Conduct design research in German language and actively communicate and apply insights into daily work
- Define the direction of our flagship product’s design as a part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Work with other designers and backend engineering teams to ensure effective execution of designs
- Have a strong Visual Design and UX portfolio
- Have an ability to challenge status quo with attention to detail on UX and micro-interactions
- Strong visual design skills.
- Able to work effectively in a dynamic environment, juggle multiple projects, and prioritize work
- Know the latest on technology trends to inform and encourage modern design
- Has strong Presentation and Communication Skills in English and German
- Will present and communicate their design work to all stakeholders
- Able to explain rationale for design decisions within a larger context. Regularly communicates project status and shares design iterations
- Understands the mission and goals of design and is able to communicate this to product teams
- 3+ years of user experience design experience for web applications with bachelor’s degree in design/ graphic design/ fine art/ computer science or related CS/design field
- Proficient in user research techniques and reports
- Real passion for design, telling customer stories, and simplifying the complex problems
- Strong working knowledge of the latest wire-framing/ design and prototyping tools
- Familiar with usability testing (in person and remote), user research, contextual inquiry, interviews, qualitative design analysis, and design thinking
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate effectively and concisely
- Experience working across multiple phases of design (interaction, visual design and prototyping)
- Work Visa for Germany
If you have questions or want to chat about the job we would love to hear from you on firstname.lastname@example.org
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.