Database Administrator (Contract)
Database Administrator (Contractor)
- Responsible for implementing, managing, and tuning high availability 24x7 PostgreSQL HA databases
- Develop, manage, and test database backup & recovery strategies, verifying data integrity
- Perform database installations, configurations, upgrades, and migrations
- Proactively monitor and tune for performance
- Perform review of schema, stored procedures, and other changes to the database DDL
- Work with data-warehousing and Business Intelligence tools
- 6+ years of experience as a DBA on designing, building, configuring, and maintaining PostgreSQL databases on Linux
- Experience with Patroni & HA proxy, streaming replication is must
- Significant practical hands-on experience with database administration, backup and recovery, performance tuning and high-availability solutions.
- Detailed understanding of Postgres database server architecture, concepts, features, and high-availability technologies.
- Expert knowledge of PL/PgSQL, triggers, Materialized views and stored procedure development and optimization in PostgreSQL
- Experience with database replication, hot stand-by, clustering, and table partitioning
- Linux platform familiarity, system resource monitoring and tuning
- Working knowledge of shell scripting and writing applications in Python
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, both in oral and written communication
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.