Test Development Engineer
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
Seeking a highly motivated individual who is ready to learn exciting new technologies, products, and services with focus on customer quality. Has passion to lead and grow with primary responsibilities focused on developing and maintaining automated functional test solutions for manufacturing testing for server-based products. Successful candidate will have a broad SW development and HW test automation background in the Computer/Server related industry with desired emphasis on x86-based or AMD server and storage platforms. Candidate would work with various cross-functional HW & SW Engineering teams including contract manufactures and RMA facilities. A self-starter that is willing to ask questions and raise concerns in timely manner. Can comprehend technical discussions and coach others as needed. Support and maintain product launch as well as support factory activities and be capable of being on-site at factories on a as needed basis.
What you will do:
- Review, evaluate and become familiarized with ODM test plans and strategies, ensuring system integration expectations are met and coverage of all major components are fulfilled.
- Develop, write, modify, and debug automated test solutions to test/validate x86 or AMD server platforms for functional test, that may include driving changes and/or making code enhancements & modifications to improve throughput.
- Update, define, and/ provide inputs to test plans and strategies that include test flow details, capacity analysis, equipment requirements, and coverage analysis.
- Build scalable, automated test infrastructure capable of collecting product genealogy, test records, and test logs that require knowledge of standard network architecture and database solutions.
- Develop test solutions that allow Contract Manufacturer to quickly and accurately analyze, troubleshoot and identify root cause failure analysis.
- Develop data collection strategies for the monitoring of test capacity and yields
- Perform root cause, corrective, and preventative analysis.
- Able to work with vendors to procure and build and/or expand current testing solutions/infrastructure.
- Continuously pursue/find opportunities for test improvements, test time reductions and assurance of on time delivery expectations and cost-effective solutions.
- Participate in weekly technical meetings such as sprints, quality mgmt, and lifecycle mgmt.
What we would like to see in you:
- BS/MS in Computer/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent/related fields
- Prior relevant experience in automation for testing of x86 storage and server products
- 5+ years of direct experience in developing SW solutions and automation for manufacturing related production test processes
- Knowledge of automation software and/or scripting languages & environments: Python, C/C#/C++, Perl, TCL, .NET, NI TestStand, JSON, Linux, Windows
- Agile environment including JIRA, Confluence, and Git/Github
- Database - MySQL, Mongo, Postgres; Networking; Building PXEBoot ISOs; REST/SOAP APIs; UI Design; and Analytic Platform experience helpful
- Hypervisor, Virtualized, and Containerized Solution knowledge a bonus
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux OS environments
Additional Job Requirements
- Manage and apply standard SW lifecycle code development which include: plan, code, build, test, release, deploy, and monitor for new product and existing products.
- Using JIRA projects/storyboards for creating and managing SPRINTs planning and releases along with source control tools like Git/Github and Agile methodologies.
- Broad test related background in the Storage/Server related products/systems.
- Create SW solutions that are robust, scalable, consistent, and reliable for large scale production.
- Ability to distinguish between HW and/or SW product issues is desirable.
- Coordinate and apply ECO’s for Firmware, Software, and Hardware changes.
- Strong problem solving, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills.
- Ability to support and provide first level triage for all factory test related issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to present technical issues and project status to peers, mgmt and/or x-functional teams.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams in order to deliver objectives.
- Shows grit and composure and can handle stressful situations under tight time constraints.
- Curious learner and willing to volunteers to take on new tasks or challenges.
- Capability to understand product specifications and features to drive appropriate SW solutions and test requirements that include fault detection and FMEA.
- Be Hungry, Honest, and Humble!
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.