Cloud Engine Architect / Python Developer - Test Drive
Nutanix is disrupting the multi-billion-dollar enterprise data center market by pioneering an enterprise cloud platform that leverages web-scale engineering and consumer-grade design to natively converge compute, virtualization and storage into a resilient, software-defined solution with rich machine intelligence. Our vision is to make infrastructure invisible, so IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. If you are up to the challenge and would like to be a part of a team that makes history, then this job might be for you.
The Test Drive team is looking for a seasoned Python developer for the role of Cloud Engine Architect to contribute to a complex product spanning cloud provisioning, infrastructure automation, and web application areas. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in developing robust backend python code while maintaining the ability to work across the stack when needed.
What You Will Do
- Design and implement new features that provide improved user experience, optimized performance, and integration with third-party applications and APIs
- Work closely with product and design teams to implement consumer-grade user experiences in a fast-paced environment
- Take ownership across the product and support internal and external users
- Build software with automation and user connection brokering and in mind
What You Should Have
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent with 5+ years of experience
- Proficiency in Python programming, particularly in the areas around automation and web technologies and frameworks (Gunicorn / REST APIs)
- Proficiency in container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Anthos)
- Experience with virtualized infrastructure (VMware vSphere, Nutanix AHV, Microsoft Hyper-V) automation
- Solid understanding of infrastructure (storage, networking, containers)
Bonus Points If You Have
- Experience in Nutanix products and solutions
- Experience with Google Cloud / Google Kubernetes Engine
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.