Director Sales Operations
This leader will play a pivotal role in shaping our rapidly growing organization and continue to further cement our position as a visionary and execution leader. This individual must be a thought leader and be able to work cross-functionally with executives to develop and implement business processes that drive efficiency and performance improvement across multiple operational and financial metrics. This is a highly visible role that will report directly to the Sr Director of APJ Sales Operations but will work daily and closely partner with the senior sales leadership, channel and partner teams, marketing and other executives across Nutanix to drive continued growth through an integrated, cross-departmental strategy.
- Engage as part of a sales team to achieve or exceed revenue targets.
- Proactively drive the region/country sales business plan framework and its individual key components – coverage model, compensation strategy, go-to-market framework – through the various quarterly, annual and long-range planning cycles.
- Display deep understanding of Nutanix Quote to Cash cycle and continually seek to optimize it by partnering with key stakeholders.
- Provide thought leadership, business analysis and real-time execution on strategic initiatives to drive Nutanix’s top-line.
- Work closely with other team members and the business to further develop metrics, KPIs, analytics and dashboards to provide performance measurement and drive business insight.
- Develop and implement comprehensive models and reporting tools tracking opportunities from lead generation to revenue recognition, account acquisition, development and retention.
- Administer, manage, and report on forecasting and automation/forecasting tools.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure data integrity and cleanliness of database working with marketing, sales, product and business systems teams.
- Think outside the box to solve problems and help our customers (sales reps) meet the needs of their customers.
- Thorough understanding of sales operations, channel sales operations, sales onboarding, deal desk, order management, and renewals.
- Ability to motivate, train, and conduct educational webinars to our internal sales org.
- Ability to maintain relationships with all levels our internal organization and channel partners.
- Flexible, dependable, self-starter, and capable of quickly learning new products and technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to travel within assigned territory and other locations including Corporate HQ.
- High level of specialized sales and product solution knowledge.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 8 years in business experience, including a proven track record of performance in strategy and operations role.
- Excellent executive presence, ability to drive adoption and credibility with senior leadership.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of sales operations and enterprise sales models, including multi-channel distribution.
- Excellent analytical, reporting, data manipulation, dashboard creation, and Business Intelligence skills with an expertise in SFDC/Clari.
- Ability to drive and build business plans and investment strategies.
- Detail-oriented but can also see the big picture. You can crunch the numbers and articulate the key takeaways in an executive summary.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills; superb at both conceptual and spreadsheet-based modeling.
- Able to develop creative solutions to complex problems and gain buy-in of colleagues across functions.
- Excellent at planning and project management – ability to look ahead to meet regular deadlines and predict and prevent last minute fire drills.
- Sales Operations experience at a HW or SW company that had OEM relationships.
- Experience selling servers, storage hardware, or networking.
- Experience selling Enterprise License Agreements.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyper-converged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation, or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.