Customer Solution Architect (Frame) - Central
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
Customer Solution Architect
Nutanix Xi Frame enables a whole new way of delivering applications and desktops to users from public and private clouds. All users need is a connected device with a browser. With Xi Frame, software companies and enterprises can make any desktop application from office productivity to high-end CAD and engineering applications accessible to anyone, anywhere in the world. Data and files for these applications are securely stored in the cloud or within the customer’s on-premises network. Our customers range from startups and schools to the world’s leading software vendors and enterprises.
Nutanix is looking for qualified Customer Solution Architects (CSAs) who work with partners and end customers to enable, design, and implement cloud-based application/desktop delivery solutions leveraging Xi Frame. This role is critical to Nutanix Frame’s go to market and service delivery success. The CSA will (1) enable Nutanix sales and sales engineering to qualify and close customer opportunities and (2) gather requirements, design solutions, and onboard key customers using Xi Frame-specific service delivery tools. The CSA will also work with product management and engineering to validate new features and support the rollout of early access features with key launch customers. To enable Nutanix’s ability to deliver Xi Frame worldwide, CSAs develop and document solutions for different industry verticals, create services playbooks, and train Nutanix sales, sales engineering, consulting services, and channel partners.
As a CSA, you are a tech-savvy professional who is able to thoroughly explain technical details and requirements to both technical and non-technical audiences. You are results-driven and relentlessly focused on achieving goals centered around customer success and the resulting subscription and professional services revenue to the Nutanix Frame business unit.
Customer solution architect duties include, but are not limited to:
- Enabling Nutanix and Frame sales and sales engineering staff to qualify, sell, and quote Frame DaaS.
- Assisting Nutanix and channel consulting services to design and implement customers on Frame.
- Assisting Nutanix and Frame sales and sales engineering as subject matter experts in customer sales discussions and development of formal proposals and/or Statements of Work for any required implementation and ongoing professional services.
- Reviewing the features and capabilities of the Frame Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) with prospective customers in the context of each prospect’s use case(s), as required.
- Gathering and documenting detailed customer requirements to define the scope of the implementation project.
- Architecting and documenting the solution on Frame, incorporating customer and third-party systems and solutions, as required
- Managing the onboarding and implementation project, including tracking of the customer, partner, and Frame tasks, to ensure successful completion of the project.
- Conducting regular (e.g., weekly, bi-weekly) implementation project meetings with customers
- Reporting weekly project status to business Account Managers and the management team
- Defining customer-specific operational processes, to be executed by Frame, if required, for account creation, configuration, and retirement
- Transitioning a successfully onboarded customer to the Customer Success team for ongoing 1st and 2nd level support
- Addressing ongoing 3rd level support escalations from key customers as needed
- Providing feedback to product management to drive new features or address feature deficiencies.
- Validating new features and supporting early access of these features with launch customers.
- Developing and communicating best practices and solutions using Frame in the form of internal and external presentations, blogs, services playbooks, and solution guides.
- Train Nutanix and channel sales engineering and consulting services
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent on the job experience
- Proven track record and success in pre-sales, design, and implementation of large systems (1,000+ users), involving IT infrastructure and desktop/VDI, in a system integrator, IT professional services, or cloud services company serving enterprise customers
- Demonstrable system architecture skills, customer skills, and ability to work with a team involved in the production of a technical solution for a customer.
- Solid technical background and hands-on experience with IaaS providers (AWS and/or Azure)
- Advanced experience with authentication, networking, network services, storage solutions, and information security
- Advanced experience with Windows Server and Client operating systems, applications, user profiles, and Active Directory
- Experience with PowerShell or Python scripting and/or Web Services APIs desired
- Experience with Microsoft, VMware, AWS, and/or Citrix desktop virtualization products desired
- Able to synthesize customers’ needs and respond with practical and timely solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to different audiences
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Project management experience desired
- Self-motivating and self-supporting
- Government clearances are desirable but not required
- Multi-language skills are desired but not required
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.