MTS - XRE Engineer
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
MTS - XRE engineer
Xi Reliability Engineering (XRE) is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. XRE ensures that Nutanix’s internally critical and externally visible cloud services have reliability and uptime appropriate to users' needs and a fast rate of improvement while keeping an ever-watchful eye on capacity and performance. XRE is a mindset and a set of engineering approaches focused on optimizing Nutanix cloud infrastructure services and eliminating work through automation.
As an XRE Engineer, you will be designing, building and operating features and services that makes Xi, Nutanix cloud services to be secure, reliable, completely elastic, scalable, and self healing. Delivering reliable and high-performance services and features. Nutanix requires engineers with exceptional expertise and boundless creativity.
- You will play an active role in deploying, monitoring and fixing IaaS for the Nutanix Cloud.
- You will be a part of the team responsible for monitoring and incident response for all Xi Cloud services globally.
- You will lead and front the incident response process by building/using problem-solving guides and pull in the on-call engineers on rotation, when needed, wherein you will triage, and tackle Xi problems for customers.
- Drive post-mortems on Xi production issues and planning for changes to prevent future incidents.
- Work in collaboration with the rest of the engineering teams to optimizing incident management process and service lifecycle, including design, deployment, monitoring, and general operations.
- You will drive automation engineering to reduce incidents and increase reliability; develop and operate solutions necessary to support and improve or automate cloud operations. E.g. monitoring and logging solutions self healing and self services tools.
- 2+ years of experience in Software engineering or related role, preferably in a cloud service environment
- DevOps experience is preferred.
- Strong coding experience required, preferably in Python or Bash
- Strong knowledge of Unix/Linux internals
- Some understanding of distributed systems, operating systems, networking fundamentals.
- Bonus: Experience operating with hypervisors and Nutanix products.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.