Full-Stack Engineer - Ingeniero de Software
If you are a senior engineer interested in building frontend, backend, or full-stack web services and looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems and build innovative solutions in a fast-paced environment working with extremely smart, passionate software developers, this might be the role for you. You will work on hard problems at scale and will have the autonomy to deliver.
We are looking for candidates that are energetic, creative with strong technical acumen. Nutanix welcomes big thinkers, those who are unafraid to take on seemingly impossible challenges and interested in learning how to build a Tools and Automation team along the way.
- You will be part of the full-stack web development team responsible for architecting, designing, developing, and maintenance of server-side and E2E web applications for SaaS Engineering.
- Full-stack development with MERN stack. ( i.e. MongoDB, Express, React, and Node.js)
- Translate requirements and user stories into design specifications and solid code.
- Integrating with third-party cloud services such as Salesforce, Jira, Slack, Workday, and other internal apps via RESTful APIs.
- Able to demonstrate creating well-architected REST APIs with Express.js.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Learn new tools, technologies, and/or programming languages. Assess the feasibility of such tools, technologies, and programming languages in new software projects.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on time.
- Maintain and enhance services, web, and backend applications.
- Should be attentive to details, proactively identify problems, and implement solutions that detect & prevent issues/outages.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve issues in production and non-production environments.
- Strong Software Engineering and Cloud background is required.
- Expertise in MERN stack. ( i.e. MongoDB, Express, React, and Node.js)
- Solid understanding of the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds.
- Experience working with SQL/NoSQL(preferably MongoDB) databases.
- Must be very Strong in HTML5, CSS3, ReactJS.
- Strong UI Exposure to ReactJS and its core principles, modern React.js workflows (& preferably Redux).
- Integration of user-facing (React) elements with server-side logic.
- Experience with revision control source code repositories (Git).
- Experience in building applications based on microservices architecture and Service-oriented architecture.
- Good problem-solving skills and hunger to learn new technologies.
- Strong in Data structures and Algorithms and Analytical Skills.
- Experience with developing and managing cloud-computing environments like Amazon EC2, Heroku is a real plus.
Good to have:
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS cloud.
- Experience with Python for scripting & backend development is a real plus.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s and/or Masters in computer science or a related field of study.
- 5 - 8 years of backend and/or full-stack development experience with Node.js, Python, ReactJS.
- Experience with MERN stack
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.