Color, Material and Finish Engineer
Logitech CMF is currently seeking an experienced CMF Engineer to join a cross-functional team developing consumer electronics. You will work closely with internal stakeholders (Marketing, Design, R&D, Process Engineering…) and external vendors. You need to be experienced in translating consumer needs, industrial design into product engineering design. Creation & Execution, saying that you are fully aligned with team’s goal driving aggressive Cost, Schedule and User experience target, proud at your output and ship lovely products to worldwide.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
• Make a link between ID/CMF design with manufacturing, by using the tool of quantifying ME/CMF engineering design impact on user experiences and manufacturability.
• Prototyping. You should be able to conduct fast prototyping to evaluate ideas and experience to help the project team to understand consumer needs.
• Translate the concept descriptions from Design and marketing into a feasible/achievable engineering activities.
• Define reliability testing requirements and equipment.
• Dedicate on CMF project execution & sustaining (independent working on cosmetic technology, material science, CR and so on)
• Work with Industrial and CMF designers and product development team to define and develop products from concept to volume Production.
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
• Fluent English (reading, speaking and writing) & communication
• Detailed knowledge of materials (plastics, metal, fabric, …), materials processing (injection molding, extrusion, stamping, …), and decoration and other post processes.
• Attention to details and flexible in a fast-moving environment
• Being able to work efficiently in a global, multi-cultural team
• Highly skilled in problem solving
• “Design Thinking” mindset
• Able to speak up and own
• Willing to grow with Logitech CMF team
• Master degree or equivalent in (Applied) Physics / Electronics / Chemical, Mechanical or Material science/engineering.
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, wat to make a difference, and have fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a fun place to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”