Manager, Occupational Health Program
COVID-19 VACCINE INFORMATION: To protect our patients, our workforce and our community, Valley Health is requiring that all newly hired employees and internal transfers (current employees requesting internal transfers) be fully vaccinated. Newly hired Applicants (those not currently employed by Valley Health) who have been offered a position will have to provide documentation of their vaccination status at the time of their Employee Health appointment. For internal transfers, Employee Health will contact you if they have questions around your vaccination status. Valley Health has a process for applicants who have been offered a position to request an exemption or deferral for medical or religious reasons. To search for vaccine locations, visit vaccines.gov.
- Entity: Valley Regional Enterprises
- Shift: Day
Who We Are
Valley Health System is a not-for-profit network of hospitals, urgent cares, physician practices, and services. Expanding across Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland, we are devoted to the health of all who call our 18-county area home.
A vital resource for healthcare, we are the region’s largest employer, a dependable community partner, and are at the leading edge of clinical innovations.
We are looking for passionate, innovative, and caring people who will each bring their unique skills and perspectives to our workplace.
What You Will Do:
The Manager will provide program supervision to the Employer Health department, while having complete oversight of the Employer Health program in all Urgent Care centers and surrounding outpatient facilities. The Manager is responsible for client satisfaction, consistency in clinic standards, program service offerings, execution of ancillary programs requested from clients, development and, growth. The Manager will ensure compliance with responsibilities imposed by health and safety legislation, whilst maximizing and promoting the health of all employees, as well as reducing the risk of cases of work place injuries for clients.
• Maintains effective communication with UCC/EH leadership on regular basis. • Creates and monitors Employer Health budget in centers with projects of customer growths in target markets. Monitors regional budget performance monthly with reports on variance to the VH Director. • Conducts employee evaluation, performance improvement action plans, and corrective actions as necessary, utilizing the peer review process. • Serves as a liaison between EH physician and service line physicians to facilitate smooth operations of the EH program and a multidisciplinary approach to patient care • Report significant medication price increase for adjustment in patient pricing • Responsible for ordering and invoicing supplies used in clinical area and maintaining par levels in anticipation of high volume usage during peak seasons (flu vaccines, rabies vaccine, Tetanus diphtheria, antibiotics, steroids, etc.) • Develop implementation and adhere to VH-wide UC/OH operational policies and procedures; reviews and revises as appropriate. • Participate in regular staff meetings that are effective and assures meeting minutes are documented and retained. • Maintains appropriate financial controls for cash handling and bank deposits as defined by the VRE Division Controller and corporate policy. • Provides research and administrative support for special projects and other duties required as part of the VH Director of UCC/EH. • Maintain UDS/PFT/BAT Certification and monitor compliant within the UCC/EH clinics
• Plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and audit the delivery of OH services provided to clients and other contracted organizations, to ensure a high quality value for money service and customer satisfaction. • Formulate, implement and evaluate policies and strategies for health protection and surveillance of workers, to meet legislative requirements and promote employee’s health and well-being in line with national health strategies. • Manage and lead the OH team to develop their capability, motivating and mentoring them to meet the current and future requirements of the EH department. • Work in partnership at senior level with other appropriate agencies and professionals to provide expert guidance, develop, implement and evaluate policies and strategies. • Communicate trends and advise on action plans to meet statutory and voluntary requirements for health protection, surveillance and statutory reporting. Responsible for the maintenance of a confidential records management system. • Develop ancillary program or service offerings for client request andor industry trends. Meet with clients to determine industry need, work place injury preventive programs, training opportunities, and service improvement initiatives. • Responsible for planning and implementing EH strategies in conjunction with the UCC/EH leadership. • Monitor and advise revenue cycle revisions and facilitate market changes.
• Maintains current knowledge and competency in leadership, clinical throughput, nurse guidelines, and Occ Health rules and regulation. • Interacts with and contributes to professional development of nursing and interdisciplinary colleagues. • Demonstrate accountability in all aspects of professional practice. • Coordinates staff participation in performance improvement and risk management activities.
What You Will Bring:
Bachelor's degree or 10 years healthcare experience required
• Minimum two years of demonstrated leadership skills required • Minimum five years of experience in urgent care/occupational health clinics or family practice ambulatory care office required
• Knowledge of patient throughput required • Proven track record of customer service excellence with industry knowledge • Must be willing to receive additional training, as needed, and remain current on the skills necessary for the performance of required duties • Knowledgeable in the cognitive, physical, emotional and chronological stages of human growth and development • Demonstrates knowledge and skills in planning, implementation, managing
What You Will Get:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible scheduling
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
*some benefits are subject to change due to job status
We celebrate, support, and thrive on our differences for the benefit of our employees, our patients, and the communities we serve.
We are neighbors caring for neighbors, and our goal is always to help those we serve get well, feel well, and stay well.
Criminal Background Checks
VA State Police and/or WV State Background and Fingerprinting (WV Cares) (applicable state)
3rd party Background Check
3 A Administration