Medical Laboratory Technician
To see if this position qualifies for a sign-on bonus, click here: Valley Health Sign-On Bonuses
- Entity: Winchester Medical Center
- Shift: Night
Who We Are
Valley Health System is a not-for-profit network of hospitals, urgent cares, physician practices, and services. Expanding across Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland, we are devoted to the health of all who call our 18-county area home.
A vital resource for healthcare, we are the region’s largest employer, a dependable community partner, and are at the leading edge of clinical innovations.
We are looking for passionate, innovative, and caring people who will each bring their unique skills and perspectives to our workplace.
What You Will Do:
Medical Laboratory Technician will accurately perform tests of moderate and high complexity, consistently performing and documenting all related quality control, and calibration procedures related to the testing in the assigned areas of clinical laboratory; identifies all patient specimens according to The Joint Commission patient safety goals; evaluates and resolves all specimen issues prior to end of shift; observes established safety protocols.
What You Will Bring:
Associates in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory/medical technology science
Certification & Licensures
West Virginia DHHR Clinical Laboratory Practitioner License if applicable
• Demonstrates knowledge/competence in providing service to patients of all ages including: neonate, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric. • Demonstrates knowledge / competence of the JCAHO Laboratory patient safety initiatives and applies these to all aspects of diagnostic testing. • Must have the ability to consistently pay attention to detail while maintaining quality and productivity. • Must be able to prioritize work and situational professional demands. • Must maintain a professional demeanor and communication, both verbal and written, when under stress. • Must exhibit professional and respectful interaction in all situations with patients, physicians and employees.
What You Will Get:
At Valley Health, we believe everyone is a caregiver, and our goal is to create an environment where our caregivers thrive physically, financially, and emotionally. In addition to a competitive salary, our most popular benefits for full-time employees include:
• A Zero-Deductible Health Plan
• Dental and vision insurance
• Generous Paid Time Off
• Tuition Assistance
• Retirement Savings Match
• A Robust Employee Assistance Program to help with many aspects of emotional wellbeing
• Membership to Healthy U: An Incentive-Based Wellness Program
Valley Health also offers a health savings account & flexible spending account for childcare, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, and professional development. In addition, several perks come with working for the largest employer in the region, such as discounts to on-campus dining, and more.
To see the full scale of what we offer, visit valleyhealthbenefits.com.
We celebrate, support, and thrive on our differences for the benefit of our employees, our patients, and the communities we serve.
We are neighbors caring for neighbors, and our goal is always to help those we serve get well, feel well, and stay well.
Criminal Background Checks
VA State Police
3rd party Background Check
17 A Medical Technician/Other Technicians/Assistants