Advanced Practice Clinician, Vascular Surgery
To see if this position qualifies for a sign-on bonus, click here: Valley Health Sign-On Bonuses
- Entity: Valley Physician Enterprise (VPE)
- Shift: Day
The Advanced Practice Clinician conducts thorough medical histories, performs complete physical examinations (where indicated), initiates appropriate lab, radiology tests or other special tests required for evaluation of illness, and scrutinizes lab data on new and former clinic patients and hospital admissions to establish a record of the patient's current health status and to develop a working diagnosis and treatment plan.
• Must be able to work with collaborating physicians and colleagues.
• Performs and interprets, at least to the point of recognizing deviations from normal, common laboratory, radiologic, cardiographic and other routine diagnostic procedures used to identify pathophysiologic processes as privileged by VH Credentialing.
• Performs routine procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing and wound care, managing simple conditions produced by infection or trauma, assisting in the management of more complex illness and injury which may include assisting surgeons in conducting operations and taking initiative in performing evaluation and therapeutic procedures in response to life- threatening situations, as privileged by State licensure and VH Credentialing.
• May prescribe and monitor medications as allowed by prescriptive authority through applicable state licensure and VH Credentialing.
• Performs specialized vein procedures in the office as directed by the physician.
• Provides information and answers routine questions of patients regarding their disease, including preventive health maintenance topics such as diet, weight, smoking and topics related to medical specialty, with basic recommendations.
• Educates patients regarding their disease, treatments, related drug and treatment side effects and hazards.
• Refers patients to specialists as appropriate for consultation or for specialized health resources and treatment.
• Ensures continuity of care by serving as a liaison between patient and other members of the multi-disciplinary care team or with other specialty areas as necessary.
• Participates in quality monitoring thru the review of records and treatment plans for patient outcomes on a periodic basis to assure quality care.
• May serve as clinical preceptor for students and other health professionals.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree for Physician Assistant; or Master’s Degree in Nursing for Advanced Practice Nurse/Nurse Practitioner Physician Assistant must be a graduate of a program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission for Physician Assistant Programs (ARC-PA) Nurse Practitioner must be a graduate of a program accredited by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN)
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree for Physician Assistant; or
Master’s Degree in Nursing for Advanced Practice Nurse/Nurse Practitioner
Physician Assistant must be a graduate of a program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission for Physician Assistant Programs (ARC-PA)
Nurse Practitioner must be a graduate of a program accredited by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN)
Vascular surgical or clinical experience preferred.
Vein experience preferred.
Certification & Licensures
Possesses and maintains an unrestricted license to practice in Virginia.
Possesses and maintains an unrestricted DEA license to prescribe in Virginia.
Recertification is required when necessary.
Successful completion of a Board exam that is recognized by the Virginia Board of Medicine is required.
Physician Assistant National Certification Examination (PANCE) or American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Program (AANPCP) required.
Competency with complete patient evaluations, including consultations and History/Physicals.
Ability to work collegially with vascular surgeons and other Advanced Practice Clinicians.
Must possess excellent, well-developed interpersonal skills to work smoothly and productively with patients as well as administrative, nursing and physician staff.
Maintenance of continuing education required by Virginia Board of Medicine.
Criminal Background Checks
VA State Police
3rd party Background Check
16 B Advanced Practice Clinician