Medical Technologist I, Microbiology (MTM - I)
To see if this position qualifies for a sign-on bonus, click here: Valley Health Sign-On Bonuses
Please Note: To protect our patients, our workforce and our community, Valley Health is requiring that all newly hired employees and internal transfers (current employees requesting internal transfers) must have received at least one COVID-19 vaccination dose. Newly hired Applicants (those not currently employed by Valley Health) who have been offered a position will have to provide documentation of their vaccination status at the time of their Employee Health appointment. For internal transfers, Employee Health will contact you if they have questions around your vaccination status. Valley Health has a process for applicants who have been offered a position to request an exemption or deferral for medical or religious reasons. To search for vaccine locations, visit vaccines.gov.
- Entity: Winchester Medical Center
- Shift: Day
Who We Are
Valley Health System is a not-for-profit network of hospitals, urgent cares, physician practices, and services. Expanding across Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland, we are devoted to the health of all who call our 18-county area home.
A vital resource for healthcare, we are the region’s largest employer, a dependable community partner, and are at the leading edge of clinical innovations.
We are looking for passionate, innovative, and caring people who will each bring their unique skills and perspectives to our workplace.
What You Will Do:
1. Performs all manual and automated patient testing in Bacteriology, Mycology, Mycobacteriology, and Molecular Biology according to established policies.
2. Reports accurate patient results using the LIS and/or manual process; notifies appropriate caregiver of critical results according to policy and provides documentation
3. Performs quality control testing; ensures accurate results and takes corrective action when results exceed parameters
4. Participates in required proficiency testing according to accreditation standards
5. Ensures appropriate and complete documentation for all quality control, quality assurance, and maintenance records (electronic and manual)
6. Completes initial orientation and training requirements and maintains documented competency as required
7. Performs instrument maintenance according to departmental schedule.
8. Utilizes all departmental reagents and supplies in an appropriate and efficient manner; notifies supervisor when supply inventory is at or below par levels
What You Will Bring:
Associate degree in Clinical Laboratory Science or Chemical, Biological, or Physical Science required
Bachelor degree in Clinical Laboratory Science or Chemical, Biological, or Physical Science preferred
1 year of comprehensive Microbiology experience in a clinical laboratory setting required
Certification & Licensures
ASCP or equivalent board certification preferred
• Demonstrates knowledge/competence in providing service to patients of all ages including: neonate, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric
What You Will Get:
At Valley Health, we believe everyone is a caregiver, and our goal is to create an environment where our caregivers thrive physically, financially, and emotionally. In addition to a competitive salary, our most popular benefits for full-time employees include:
• A Zero-Deductible Health Plan
• Dental and vision insurance
• Generous Paid Time Off
• Tuition Assistance
• Retirement Savings Match
• A Robust Employee Assistance Program to help with many aspects of emotional wellbeing
• Membership to Healthy U: An Incentive-Based Wellness Program
Valley Health also offers a health savings account & flexible spending account for childcare, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, and professional development. In addition, several perks come with working for the largest employer in the region, such as discounts to on-campus dining, and more.
To see the full scale of what we offer, visit valleyhealthbenefits.com.
We celebrate, support, and thrive on our differences for the benefit of our employees, our patients, and the communities we serve.
We are neighbors caring for neighbors, and our goal is always to help those we serve get well, feel well, and stay well.
Criminal Background Checks
VA State Police
3rd party Background Check
17 A Medical Technician/Other Technicians/Assistants