(New College Grad) SDET (Systems)
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves "Nutants") are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession with our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We're growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business - The Story of Nutanix
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies worldwide use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments.
The Software Engineering Team
Nutanix engineers are creating revolutionary technology: building the software-defined data center. We're using our love of programming and outstanding backgrounds to change the way companies virtualize their data centers. At Nutanix, you'll find no shortage of challenging problems to work on. We work closely with our product in a collegiate, collaborative environment that encourages the open exploration of ideas. We are looking for smart people who can learn and contribute to our space of cutting-edge innovation irrespective of background. Come make an impact. Please look at our Graduate testimonials here:
http://nutanixbible.com - provides in-depth technical information about the Nutanix platform architecture and a better understanding of why we require applicants with a system-centric programming and academic background.
The Role: Software Developer in Test (SDET)
The new college graduate position is a full-time opportunity to gain exposure to one or more Nutanix engineering roles according to your skills and interests. We are building a unique game-changing product that will redefine the data center and we’re looking for the very best hackers that crave a serious challenge.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) with extensive experience in automation development, and strategic, and mentorship skills to be part of our dynamic and growing MTS-SDET Team. Our MTS-SDET team is tasked with test planning, test design, and test case development to assess and improve the overall quality of our products. You must have experience testing a 'systems' product (file systems, storage systems, databases, operating systems, hypervisors, or networking). The ability to think 'outside the box' is crucial in designing test cases to adequately and quickly assess the integrity of the product. The team is based in Durham, NC.
- Conducting requirements and design reviews of new features
- Designing high-level test approaches and strategies
- Building libraries and utilities to help with writing tests suited for the test framework
- Executing automated and manual tests during product testing phases to find all bugs in your assigned feature area(s)
- Working closely with the Development team to analyze and find the root cause of failures
- Debugging, filing defects, and tracking them to closure
- Experience in test plan design and test case development for complex software projects.
- Experience testing a “systems” product (MapReduce, file systems, storage systems, databases, operating systems, hypervisors, or networking).
- Strong systems administration experience in Linux
- Experience developing automated tests in Python programming language
- Understanding of file system concepts and protocols such as networked filesystems, logical volumes, journaled filesystems, tiered storage, NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, and LUNs.
- Experience using and debugging issues in virtualization technologies such as VMware, KVM, Hyper-V, or Xen. VMware/KVM is preferred.
- Ability to leverage open-source tools for test development and execution.
- Excellent problem-solving skills: Ability to devise solutions when confronted with a less-than-ideal environment.
- Experience in testing clustered/distributed systems.
- Experience using and administering projects in a continuous integration framework such as Jenkins/Hudson/CircleCI.
Qualifications and Experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field is required.
- Open to new college grads and people with less than 1-year experience
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation, or harassment. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.