Escalation Engineer (Team Lead)
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
Escalation Engineer (Team Lead)
Responsible for overseeing a team of support escalation engineers in our San Jose, CA support center. Candidate should have a rare balance of managerial and technical skills to deliver an exceptional experience to our customers and backline support assistance to our frontline support engineers.
The primary duties for this position include but are not limited to:
- Leading and mentoring Escalation Engineers, performing scheduled staff reviews, communicating and adhering to new procedures, policies, and goals.
- Providing oversight to high visibility escalation engagements.
- Ensure SLAs are being met for backline support queues and conducting quality control to reduce errors and improve procedures.
- Working with engineering, product management, and other teams to continuously drive improvements to the product and the overall customer experience.
- Working with support management to continuously drive improvements to case escalation and critical problem handling.
- Assigning and managing projects that are intended to provide a better backline support experience.
- Must have 5+ years of practical experience and a solid technical foundation in two of the following areas: Linux, Networking, Virtualization, Storage, Server Hardware.
- 1-2 years of management experience in a technical support environment, with advanced customer interaction skills.
- Must have fluency in English, with Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Effective leadership experience, with goal setting and action plans for career development on a team and individual basis.
- Fast learner with a strong can-do mentality to find timely solutions for critical customer issues.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Skilled in developing, leading, and motivating talented escalation engineers.
- Project management experience or background, with experience in managing multiple projects and priorities.
- Knowledge and proficiency in staff scheduling, workload analysis, performance management, and interviewing skills.
- Ability and comfort in dealing with difficult employee or customer issues, and in ensuring positive interactions even when message content is difficult or critical.
- Must be motivated by challenges and be able to offer multiple solutions for a problem.
- Able to develop individual and team objectives to contribute positively to organizational goals and direction.
- Proven ability to formulate and coordinate solutions to issues in cooperation with multiple functional areas.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and use judgment in handling customer calls and providing technical assistance.
- Ability to effectively present complex technical material that is tailored to the target audience at large venues.
- Ability to effectively present tailored materials to executive level management
- Practices effective and appropriate communication skills, providing valuable feedback and constructive criticism when needed.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.