Services Resource Coordinator
Nutanix is a cloud computing software company that provides innovative hyper-converged infrastructure and hybrid cloud solutions for Data Center, DevOps and Desktop transformation. Founded in 2009, we have been a publicly held company since 2016. Named 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for Hyper-Converged Systems.
Nutanix Xpert Services offers a full suite of service offerings to maximize the value of customer investment. Our consultants are at the forefront of our product development and are experts in cloud and IT automation, database automation and infrastructure modernization and virtual desktop modernization
In this role, you will be responsible for collaborating with the Xpert services management, technical delivery teams, external partners, and project managers to ensure services projects are adequately sourced (or outsourced) and staffed. This role is key in ensuring that consultants, project managers, and all necessary resources and outsourced partners are fully utilized in a rational and equitable manner. In this role, you will ensure that management has a consistent and clear view of resource allocation. Consultants are assigned in a way to maximize utilization, leverage and increase their skillset, minimize travel, and ensure balanced workload.
Nutanix uses a cloud-based Professional Services Automation (PSA) tool, such as NetSuite. You will be responsible for managing this tool, its project assignment capabilities, reporting, and data hygiene.
The resource coordinator will:
- Interact closely with the Service Delivery Leaders and Project Managers to ensure the most logical resources are assigned to staff each project through an internal or external partner resource
- Internal resource
- Leverage the PSA tool to determine schedule
- Work with Project Managers and consultants to identify appropriate resource
- Update the PSA tool with information related to the resource engagement
- External Resource
- Determine appropriate vendor
- Negotiate appropriate cost and resource
- Create Purchase Orders (POs) for Vendors
- Approve Vendor invoices
- Help maintain the skills matrix to ensure the right resources are assigned to each project based on technical skills
- Create Purchase Orders and approve invoices for Professional Services training and Staff Augmentation
- Ensure prompt and effective communication happens across all teams involved in delivery (sales, sales engineers, service delivery, and project management)
- Support all services operations initiatives as needed
Qualifications, Education Basic Requirements:
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in an administrative or coordinator role
- Experience in a software company preferred
- Knowledge of Excel, Sharepoint, SalesForce, and resourcing tools, such as NetSuite
- Quick response to complex requests for resources, balancing the needs of the organization, along with an ability to make rational decisions suggesting internal or external options
- Ability to handle multiple requests simultaneously and efficiently
- Ability to coordinate request responses with RMO team to minimize duplication of effort
- Ability to take notes on task progress such that others can understand and assist as needed
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and understanding of contract language terminology
- Excellent communication skills
- Hands-on experience in managing resource schedules using a PSA tool
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We are humbled to be recognized as one of Bloomberg’s Top 50 Companies to Watch in 2020 and one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2020.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.