System Test Engineer / SDET
Do you love breaking software? Do you relish the notion of finding bugs in complex software designed and implemented by top-notch software engineers? If so, Nutanix wants you.
We are building a unique game-changing product that will redefine the datacenter and we’re looking for talented Test Engineers to break the product.
Nutanix engineers are creating a revolutionary technology, building the software defined data center. We’re using our love of programming and outstanding backgrounds to change the way companies virtualize their data center. At Nutanix, you’ll find no shortage of challenging problems to work on. We work closely with our product in a collegiate, collaborative environment that encourages the open exploration of ideas.
Our MTS - QE team is tasked with test planning, test design, test automation and test case development to assess and improve the overall quality of our products. As a member of the QE team, you must have experience testing a 'systems' product (Data Protection, file systems, storage systems, databases, operating systems, hypervisors, or networking). The ability to think 'outside the box' is crucial in designing test cases to assess the integrity of the product adequately and quickly.
- Conducting requirements and design reviews of new features.
- Designing high level test approaches and implementing detailed test plans.
- Writing New Automated test cases for existing and new features.
- Executing automated and manual tests during product testing phases to find all bugs in your assigned feature area(s).
- Working closely with the Development team to analyze and find root cause of failures.
- Filing defects and tracking them to closure.
- Experience in test plan design and test case development for complex software projects.
- Ability to debug and extend automated tests.
- Experience testing a “systems” product (file systems, storage systems, databases, operating systems, hypervisors, or networking).
- Strong systems administration experience in UNIX, preferably Linux.
- Understanding of file system concepts and protocols such as: networked filesystems, logical volumes, journaled filesystems, tiered storage, NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, and LUNs.
- Experience using virtualization technologies such as VMware, Hyper-V, or Xen. VMware and Hyper-V is preferred.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field is required.
- Minimum of 3 or more years of Software QA experience.
- Experience in testing clustered/distributed systems.
- Experience using and administering projects in a continuous integration. framework such as Jenkins/Hudson.
- Experience developing automated tests in one of following programming. languages: Python/ Java
- Ability to leverage open source tools for test development and execution.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.