Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
Consulting Architect (Database Specialist)
Nutanix is a cloud computing software company that sells hyper-converged infrastructure appliances and software-defined storage. Founded in 2009, we have been a publicly held company since 2016. Named 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Hyper-Converged Systems.
Nutanix is the right fit for you if you are passionate about technology, creative, and accomplished in your growing career. We pride ourselves on our encouraging culture where you learn from failures, pick yourself back up and become the best version of yourself. Nutanix offers several opportunities to participate in professional development and learning, fostering an inspiring environment. We believe in not only supporting you, but also your families through fully-paid healthcare plans, equity, and other financial tools and wellness programs.
Nutanix Services primary goal is to ensure the success of our customers. The Services function engages customers in the pre-sales and post-sales stages to deliver high-valued outcomes in their software-defined data center (SDDC) strategy and architecture. Besides helping customers implement Nutanix products successfully, the Services team, working with our partners, delivers migrations, hybrid cloud, VDI, and Tier 1 Application re-platforming solutions to enable truly software-defined data centers. The Nutanix Services function includes consulting, planning, design, implementation, integration and automation services as well as project management.
The Consulting Architect will work in the Services organization to help clients establish architectural vision and direction. He or she will help clients design, deploy, and migrate complex applications as well as work with software developers, consultants, and engineers to create scalable and repeatable solutions for partners.
- Billable Project work 70% of time
- Work with Nutanix customers to understand business goals and translate them into appropriate technical solutions.
- Consult Nutanix customers on best practices relating to database solutions based on Oracle and SQL Server.
- Conduct customer facing workshops to define and document project requirements and designs.
- Architect, design, build robust database solutions for mission critical applications.
- Evangelize the Nutanix platform to application owners, DBAs and management.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining a high level of detail.
- Diagnose functional issues and take ownership of issue resolution.
- Participate in a pre-sales involvement to provide services overlay to the existing sales motion primarily as a SME.
- Create toolkits and best practice documents and whitepapers.
- Up to 70% of travel
- Expertise building and running large scale, highly-available, and fault-tolerant solutions leveraging at least one of the following database systems (past and current versions): Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle. Prefer experience in both with mastery in one.
- Proficient in virtualization technologies with a focus on VMware (experience with of additional hypervisors is a plus). Must have hands on experience designing and deploying vSphere environments.
- Experience with enterprise datacenter infrastructure including servers, storage, networking
- Able to develop robust architectural documents as well as implement and administer large complex database environments in both physical and virtual server hosting patterns.
- Experience implementing and administering advanced database capabilities such as (but not limited to) Database Mirroring, Disaster Recovery, Monitoring, Backups, and Restores.
- High level of comfort in presenting by means of white boarding sessions and PowerPoint presentations
- A minimum of 5 years of industry experience
- Experience in consulting, either from a Vendor, VAR, or System Integrator.
- Experience in designing and deploying business critical applications such as SAP, Active Directory, etc
- Experience with other in-memory, relational and NoSQL databases such as (SAP Hana/MongoDB/PostgreSQL/MySQL/Db2)
- Experience with PaaS database service offerings like Amazon RDS
- Experience scripting languages such as, Bash, Python, PowerShell
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems.
- Location: North America (All States) and Asia
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.