Member of Technical Staff - [ Sustenance, C/C++]
Hungry, Humble, Honest, with Heart
Nutanix is creating a revolutionary technology, building the software defined data centre - And in helping the customers move to Hybrid-Cloud model. We're using our love of programming and outstanding backgrounds to change the way companies virtualize their data centres. At Nutanix, you'll find no shortage of challenging problems to work on. We work closely with our product in a collegiate, collaborative environment that encourages the open exploration of ideas. The MTS Dev Extension engineer will be working on the Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor for distributed systems, platform and infrastructure, management framework and virtualization.
- Work as a part of an extended engineering team responsible for technical analysis and resolution of complex customer issues
- Develop a deep understanding of complex distributed systems, and debug customer production clusters in real time. Be able to feed learnings back into the product.
- Work closely with development, test, documentation and product management teams to improve quality of product in a fast-paced environment.
- Design and develop tools to improve debuggability of the product and enhance serviceability
Develop automation tools to find bottlenecks and do a root cause analysis and corrective action
- Engage with customers and support when needed to solve production issues
What You’ll Bring
- Love of programming and rock-solid in one or more languages: C, C++, Python ideally for enterprise-quality software.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Passion for troubleshooting complex distributed systems
- Deep Understanding with OS internals, concepts of distributed data management, and design/implementation tradeoffs in building clustered, high- performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems software
- Experience working with virtualization technologies like VMware, KVM, Hyper-V, Xen is a plus
- Familiarity with x86 architecture, virtualization and/or storage management
- Strong written, verbal, and collaboration skills
- Team player that works well in fast-paced situations and startup environments
- Bachelor's or Masters degree in Computer Science or related field required with 8+years of industry experience.
- Experience building system software with complex state machine is a plus
- Development experience in file systems, operating systems, database back-ends, distributed systems management is a plus
- Experience working with virtualization technologies like VMware, KVM, Hyper-V, Xen is a plus.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.