Senior People Business Partner - Engineering & Product Management
Nutanix is looking for an experienced People Business Partner (HRBP) to support our Engineering & Product Management Organizations. You will contribute both strategically and hands-on to cultivate an amazing and creative culture as we scale our business. This People Business Partner would provide full-cycle talent leadership and work closely with all levels of the organization. This position is a critical, highly visible role that
partners strategically with leaders to drive the business transformation initiatives. In addition, acting as a trusted counsel and advisor to the business, as a leader with HR expertise and perspective, and being an integral part of the business and People Team.
- Partner with the business and People Team CoEs to identify, develop and drive key initiatives such as leadership development, talent/performance management, change management, workforce and succession planning, talent acquisition, employee and career development, rewards and recognition, and coaching (employee and manager). Client groups will be spread across multiple sites and countries.
- Build and cultivate strong relationships with business leaders and key stakeholders; partner with colleagues inside and outside of the People Team to innovate, enhance, align, and drive the effectiveness of People Team initiatives.
- Conduct organizational assessments and develop/drive initiatives to close gaps and implement necessary solutions to ensure a high-performing workforce; provide candid and valuable feedback to leaders about talent moves, gaps, promotions, and growth opportunities.
- Assess business unit's management training needs and conduct 1:1 and group training sessions as appropriate.
- Leadership Team Assessment, Development and Coaching.
- Work with line managers and employees to address various of people relations issues and fairly representing all interests.
- Recommend and drive improvement to human resources systems, policies, and processes.
- Scans and benchmarks the marketplace to identify and promote methodologies / trends to influence the business and People Team agenda
- You possess strong business and HR acumen, including the ability to diagnose and analyze problems and drive appropriate solutions
- You have experience supporting Engineering and Product organizations (strongly preferred)
- You have a proven successful track record and knowledge in organizational and employee development, performance management, people relations, change management
- You are a data-oriented decision-maker with the ability to analyze quantitative and qualitative data points and influence leaders
- You act with decisive leadership and the courage to propose solutions others are reluctant to address and act in the face of resistance for the best interests of the business
- Proven customer service focus
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement
- Strong communication and interpersonal relationship management skills with all levels of employees
- Possesses a bias for action and sense of urgency, while able to prioritize and juggle several tasks
- Previous experience in a high-tech global growth company with a strong preference for experience with small and large/established companies
- Aptitude and proven ability to resolve conflicts creatively and collaboratively
- Working proficiency of HRIS systems
- Knowledge of State and Federal employment laws as well as other HR-related
- Experience working within a highly matrixed environment
- Ability to work across different cultures and to travel domestically and internationally
- Bachelor’s degree (OR the equivalent combination of education and years of related experience)
- Minimum 8+ years in a People Business Partner role
- HR certification preferred
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We are humbled to be recognized as one of Bloomberg’s Top 50 Companies to Watch in
2020 and one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2020.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark!
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.