Disaster Recovery Software Intern (C++ AND Python, Linux O/S, Multithreaded Programming)
Hungry, Humble, Honest, with heart!
This role is a hybrid preferred that works in Durham, NC.
A Summer Internship at Nutanix is an opportunity to gain exposure to one or more areas according to your skill set and interests. If you’re interested in the following type of work, the DISASTER RECOVERY SOFTWARE INTERN role would be perfect for you!
- Our team designs and builds business continuity and disaster recovery (BCDR) solutions that help our customers quickly and easily to protect their applications and data and recover from an outage. We are working on exciting new challenges building a suite of BCDR solutions and a platform to cater to our business partners. We are also bolstering our cloud-based data protection service to service our ever-growing customers’ needs.
- The primary skills are good experience in C++ and Python programming languages and knowledge of Linux O/S.
- What success looks like – learning the basics, completing their project, pushing their project to production, and confidently presenting their results to the leadership.
- What an intern can gain – they will gain a deep insight into Nutanix’s disaster solutions, directly work with source code, implement new features to our product, and learn how to build business resilient solutions that enable our customers to not lose their critical data and workloads. They will learn hybrid solutions for on-prem and the cloud.
- Common deliverables – feature enhancements, support for customers, & end-users, perform code maintenance.
Each intern is paired with a Member of Technical Staff who serves as a guide/mentor through our engineering culture, toolsets, and development methodology. Our internship program also includes a series of lunch and learns, soft-skill workshops, Intern hack-a-thon, and social gatherings (virtual or in-person where permitted) to expose you to other aspects of a rapidly growing technology company.
Engineering at Nutanix
Nutanix engineers are creating revolutionary technology: building the software-defined data center. We're using our love of programming and outstanding backgrounds to change the way companies virtualize their data centers. At Nutanix, you'll find no shortage of challenging problems to work on. We work closely with our product in a collaborative environment that encourages the open exploration of ideas. We are looking for students who can learn, grow and contribute to our space of cutting-edge innovation.
- Fix problems and maintain disaster recovery (DR) features.
- Assist with the development of features from concept to market.
- Constantly push towards making our DR solution highly reliable and scalable.
- Participate in the New Hire R&D Bootcamp to gain a high-level understanding of the Nutanix product suite, various tools, and processes
- Participate in U-Hack (Nutanix Intern Hack-a-Thon), which is a way to interact with other R&D interns and derive innovative solutions to various roadblocks across the organization
What You’ll Bring
- You are pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field.
- Skilled in both C++ and Python programming, multi-threading, algorithms, and data structures on Linux O/S.
- Any exposure to Operating Systems, Big Data, Machine Learning, Data Structures, Algorithms, Cloud Computing, File Systems, and Distributed Systems concepts or intern experience would be preferred.
About the Opportunity
What former Nutanix Interns had to say!
- Weifeng L. – “I learned how and gained the ability to work and research independently when facing complicated projects and not be afraid of complicated projects. This experience gave me a great opportunity to consider switching my career track to infrastructure SDE….”
- Adita S. – “What I am really grateful for is getting to see how consumer-facing software is built and what sort of decisions and considerations must be made for the product.”
How We Work
This is a hybrid – working out of Durham, NC Office role. You will stay connected to your manager, mentor and peers through regular Zoom meetings and daily Slack chats. Learn more about Nutanix or take an in-depth look into our platform architecture with the Nutanix Bible (provided an overview of the company’s architecture & why we prefer systems-centric programming talent).
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.