Registered Nurse (RN) Per Diem, Emergency Room Nursing
To see if this position qualifies for a sign-on bonus, click here: Valley Health Sign-On Bonuses
Please Note: To protect our patients, our workforce and our community, Valley Health is requiring that all newly hired employees and internal transfers (current employees requesting internal transfers) must have received at least one COVID-19 vaccination dose. Newly hired Applicants (those not currently employed by Valley Health) who have been offered a position will have to provide documentation of their vaccination status at the time of their Employee Health appointment. For internal transfers, Employee Health will contact you if they have questions around your vaccination status. Valley Health has a process for applicants who have been offered a position to request an exemption or deferral for medical or religious reasons. To search for vaccine locations, visit vaccines.gov.
- Entity: Shenandoah Memorial Hospital
- Shift: Rotating
Who We Are
Valley Health System is a not-for-profit network of hospitals, urgent cares, physician practices, and services. Expanding across Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland, we are devoted to the health of all who call our 18-county area home.
A vital resource for healthcare, we are the region’s largest employer, a dependable community partner, and are at the leading edge of clinical innovations.
We are looking for passionate, innovative, and caring people who will each bring their unique skills and perspectives to our workplace.
What You Will Do:
The registered professional nurse is responsible for utilizing job skills to effective carry out the nursing process: including assessment, diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning, evaluation, documentation and time management. She/he is responsible for quality communication, teamwork and leadership/professionalism. Also directs, coordinates and implements patient teaching, quality/safety initiatives, and activities of other health team personnel while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
A Registered Nurse is responsible for the care of the population they are assigned.
What You Will Bring:
QUALIFICATIONS for RN I:
• Education: Associates in Nursing (RN Diploma, ASN or AND) required. Bachelors in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
• Based on primary state of residency and in accordance with current Virginia Board of Nursing Regulations, must be licensed or eligible to practice pending licensure as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia with either a: Multi-state license, under the Nurse Licensure Compact OR Single-state license, valid in Virginia only
• BLS Certification (Basic Life Support) - American Heart 'Healthcare Provider' (HCP) - AHA approved required (New hires must have American Heart Association (AHA) appropriate certification prior to completion of orientation.)
• Competent in providing care based on the cognitive, physical, emotional and chronological stages of human growth and development
• Competent to provide care to patients utilizing the nursing process
• Must have a reliable means of phone communication with hospital
QUALIFICATIONS FOR RN II:
• Meets all requirements of a RN I and
• Advancement to this level requires a minimum of 1872 hours of RN experience and completion of annual performance evaluation
• Full time RNs with a BSN or MSN are eligible to apply to this level with 936 hours of RN experience and a completed interim performance evaluation
QUALIFICATIONS FOR RN III:
• Meets all requirements of a RN II
• Bachelors Nursing (BSN) required
Masters Nursing (MSN) preferred
• Advancement to this level requires a minimum of 5616 hours of RN experience.
What You Will Get:
At Valley Health, we believe everyone is a caregiver, and our goal is to create an environment where our caregivers thrive physically, financially, and emotionally. In addition to a competitive salary, our most popular benefits for full-time employees include:
• A Zero-Deductible Health Plan
• Dental and vision insurance
• Generous Paid Time Off
• Tuition Assistance
• Retirement Savings Match
• A Robust Employee Assistance Program to help with many aspects of emotional wellbeing
• Membership to Healthy U: An Incentive-Based Wellness Program
Valley Health also offers a health savings account & flexible spending account for childcare, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, and professional development. In addition, several perks come with working for the largest employer in the region, such as discounts to on-campus dining, and more.
To see the full scale of what we offer, visit valleyhealthbenefits.com.
We celebrate, support, and thrive on our differences for the benefit of our employees, our patients, and the communities we serve.
We are neighbors caring for neighbors, and our goal is always to help those we serve get well, feel well, and stay well.
20 A Nursing, Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA), Patient Care Tech.
Criminal Background Checks
VA State Police
3rd party Background Check