The Veterinary Assistant I is an entry level position. This position will assist the LVT’s, Doctors, Front Desk and interact with Cascade West client’s both on the phone and in person. Ability to follow direction with or without direct supervision is essential. Communication skills both written and oral are required.
High school graduate or GED
- Ability to work well with others as a team.
- Flexibility and the ability to adjust to a changing environment.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Professionalism at all times.
- Dependable and reliable.
- Must be able to take direction well.
- Good communication skills both oral and written.
- Be able to work under pressure in an ever changing environment.
- Kindness and respect exhibited with all species at all times.
- Proper small animal restraint techniques.
- Aware of the patient and report any changes in demeanor immediately.
- Proper cleaning techniques.
- At all times be aware of the patient and the surroundings.
- Professional communication and demeanor at all time.
- A desire to assist clients with the pet’s needs and communicate those needs to the appropriate person.
- Follow all OSHA guidelines.
- Always follow appropriate PPE guidelines.
- Report any facilities issues promptly to Practice Manager or Office Manager.
- Must be willing clean (mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, garbage, etc.) without direction.
- Laundry duties.
- Be able to stand & walk 85% of the time.
- Lift 49lbs or less without assistance.
- Be able to bend, stoop and reach.