Urgent Care Veterinarian - Thrive Denver Downtown
You give so much of yourself to your work. Here at Thrive Denver Downtown, a Thrive Pet Healthcare partner, we recognize what you and your team face each day. Through our collaborative community of veterinary care providers, you'll have the support, tools, and resources you need to take your practice to the next level because we wholeheartedly believe in you, and your ability to provide the very best care for your patients.
Who we are
Our community of 400 clinics nationwide forms an extraordinary network of resources and people. Thrive Pet Healthcare’s strength comes from both our individualities and our connectedness. We come together in both the joys and heartaches of our profession to lift each other up through laughter and empathy - And, we have plenty of fun along the way!
At Thrive Denver Downtown you’ll feel the warmth and openness of a unique clinic while having the opportunity and security of a united network that has your back.
Thrive Denver Downtown is hiring an Urgent Care Veterinarian! Our Downtown Denver practice is conveniently located at the intersection of Washington and 20th Avenue serving pets in North Capitol Hill, City Park West, Whittier, Curtis Park and Capitol Hill neighborhoods!
Our Urgent Care Veterinarian fills the service gap between traditional Emergency Veterinarians and Primary Care Veterinary Providers by offering walk-in care, extended hours, and the immediate treatment of urgent, but not life-threatening emergencies. Our goal is to relieve pressure from our very busy ER departments, help our awesome referring veterinary community, and provide exceptional service to our loyal clients.
For the Urgent Care veterinarian, this role offers the perfect marriage of job satisfaction through rapid case resolution, variety of caseload, NO OVERNIGHTS and family friendly working hours. It’s perfect for practitioners who would like to explore a career move towards ER medicine or those ER practitioners ready to step away from the rigors of being an Emergency Veterinarian.
This position will make positive impact on patients, clients, and veterinary lives!
Our Urgent Care Veterinarians provide:
- Outpatient care only
- Basic to intermediate care for common, non-emergent illnesses and wounds
- Baseline diagnostics
- Fast turnaround time (Exam to discharge)
- Walk-in service
- Support of referral partners
- Extended hours
Urgent Care does NOT provide:
- Advanced medical/surgical care
- Hospitalization/post operative referral monitoring
- Emergency/critical care
- Advanced diagnostics
- Wellness and preventative care
- Elective procedures
- Specialty procedures
- Overnight hours
- Loyal, passionate about great patient care, good with people and plays well with others
- Exemplifies our guiding principles: Quality, Integrity, Compassion and Service
- Strong communicator, team-player mentality, and values collaboration
- GP experience is preferred; an openness to continuous learning is a must!
- DVM/VMD degree or equivalent
- AFAST/TFAST training a plus (we will train!)
- Basic surgical skills for wound/laceration care
- Basic ER stabilization skills
- Knowledge of the current/up-to-date information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat common injuries, illnesses, diseases, and adverse conditions
Being a vet is a job you do because you love it, but it’s not easy. Our veterinarians form a vast peer network of multi-disciplinary experts who are here to bolster your professional and personal wellbeing. When you need to rebalance, you’ll have access to resources and benefits that are meaningful because they’re built around nurturing your mental health. This means taking the time you need with options for flexible scheduling to fit every phase of your career and life.
When you can do the work you love, where and how you want to do it, we all thrive. Our network of hospitals provides the career mobility you need to fit your career and life. You’ll have customizable learning through our top-notch development and training engine, including CE libraries, mentorship, industry-leading educational programs, and more.
The success of your patients’ care matters to you, and your success matters to us. Our progressive compensation model includes competitive base salaries with production compensation opportunities. Plus, no negative accrual.
Experience & Skills Requirements
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM/VMD) or equivalent degree required
- State Veterinary Board License and must be in good standing for the state in which they intend to be hired, prior to their start date
- Active DEA license or DEA licensure eligible
Benefits – Our Care in Action
We provide benefits spread comprehensively across your mental, physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing designed to meet your needs as a unique individual. Some key benefits include:
- Paid time off including 8-weeks of full-pay parental leave, bereavement to grieve both humans and pets, and time off for new pet adoptions
- Pet perks including free exams, discounts on products and services, and more at all Thrive Pet Healthcare locations
- Generously subsidized backup and ongoing care support for children, adults, and pets
- Mental health benefits including coaching and therapy sessions
- Continuing education support through free courses, CE credits and paid time off to complete
And so much more!
Plus, we have a Medical Excellence & Education platform including a Clinical Research Committee, Specialty Directors Board, Doctor Mentorship Committee, and more. This platform is designed to support and empower you with the knowledge, tools, and resources to strengthen and nurture your professional journey.
Compensation negotiable based on credentials and experience with an annual salary range starting at $160,000 per year. The actual salary offered will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Let’s chat! Contact [email protected] to learn more!
At Thrive, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feed empowered!