We are a community of 400 clinics forming an extraordinary network of unparalleled resources and people. Through outstanding learning and career options, comprehensive benefits, and abundant support, you’ll be nurtured and appreciated for who you are and what you bring to the table. We come together in both the joys and heartaches of our profession to lift each other up through laughter and empathy.
And, we have plenty of fun along the way!
Who we are
At Yonkers Animal Hospital, you’ll feel the warmth and openness of a small clinic, while having the opportunity and support of a united network. Our ideal candidate is an individual who is passionate about animal care, highly motivated, and pays attention to detail. Our Veterinary Assistants work side by side our Veterinarians (DVMs) and Licensed Vet Technicians (LVTs) during procedures. This is a part-time position.
- Communicating and educating clients on medical procedures and next steps.
- Assisting DVMs and LVTs with patients during pre-op, surgery, and post op.
- Stocking exam and treatment rooms with supplies, maintaining a sterile environment for treatment, x-ray, surgery, labs, and isolation wards.
- Utilizing computer information systems to record patient history, update and maintain medical records.
- Precisely dispenses pharmaceuticals as required.
- Place weekly inventory orders, manage on-hand inventory, receive shipments, and process returns/damaged goods.
Experience & Skills Requirements:
- At least 1 year of experience in animal husbandry.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent, AAS or higher preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, squatting, reach, standing, and walking throughout the day.
- Inventory/purchasing experience preferred but not required
You’ll Grow With Us
Here, you can grow your career as best fits you through access to comprehensive learning and skillset programs. You can build your skills and earn credentials through:
- Our vast, diverse, and free library of continuing education courses - ThriveU
- Live, virtual interactive workshops to develop valuable leadership skills
- A program to designed to teach you the fundamentals of running a pet hospital
- Earn your AVMA-CVTEA Accreditation and become a Vet Tech through our fully accredited distance learning program for veterinary technicians
- Scholarship opportunities and tuition reimbursement
And, with so many locations nationwide, you can find and move into any specialty, hospital type, or environment. Join us and provide your best care at a clinic that is deeply rooted within its community and bolstered by the resources of Thrive Pet Healthcare.
Benefits – our care in action
We provide benefits spread comprehensively across your mental, physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing designed to meet your needs as a unique individual. Some key benefits include:
- Paid time off including 8-weeks of full-pay parental leave, bereavement to grieve both humans and pets, and time off for new pet adoptions
- Top quality medical, dental, and vision insurance plus health savings account and flexible spending account
- Pet perks including free exams, discounts on products and services, and more at all Thrive Pet Healthcare locations
- Generously subsidized backup and ongoing care support for children, adults, and pets
- Mental health benefits including coaching and therapy sessions
- 401k with employer contribution and no waiting period
- Continuing education and development support through our library of free CE courses and paid time off to complete
- Scholarship opportunities and student loan support program and so much more!
Compensation negotiable based on credentials and experience with the starting rate ranging from $18-20/hr. The actual rate offered will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
At Thrive Pet Healthcare, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.