Regional Veterinary Technician Operations Coach

Veterinary Technician Austin, Texas


Description

Position at Thrive Pet Healthcare

Regional Veterinary Technician Operations Coach

**This individual must live in or relocate to Austin, TX or surrounding areas. 

Thrive Pet Healthcare is seeking experienced veterinary nurses/technicians who have a passion for veterinary nursing and are interested in amplifying excellence in the profession. We are opening the Regional Veterinary Technician Coach position to support nursing operations and mentor veterinary technicians within the Thrive ecosystem, (each ecosystem consists of approximately 12-25 Thrive Pet Healthcare clinics/hospitals). This is a chance to utilize your knowledge, expertise, and experience to help drive and positively influence the quality of care for pets and people in a big way!

This position will cover the Central Ecosystem, which includes Austin and the surrounding metro area. This position will include 20% offsite regional hospital support. The remaining 80% will be spent in clinics. There is an expectation that you will be onsite 4 days per week for a 4–6-week period. Locations will be prioritized by the Regional Director(s). 

Position overview:

  • Support and elevate Technicians and Assistants within a region to help them realize their optimal individual and team potential.
  • Work with Thrive’s Regional Directors, and hospital leadership teams, to identify goals and areas of need within the region’s practices where support can be offered to help create and implement solutions to achieve positive results.
  • Collaborate and strategize with Thrive’s Regional Directors, and hospital Leadership Teams to develop and implement optimal nursing processes and systems.
  • Provide, coordinate, and facilitate effective Technician/Technician Assistant recruitment, training, and professional development.
  • Help Nurses develop critical thinking skills and gain confidence.
  • Identify and help implement local and regional opportunities for additional services.
  • Help develop key performance indicators and hold Technician Team Leaders and others accountable for achieving metrics of success.
  • Optimize efficient utilization of resources within a region (including scaling expertise, personnel, supplies, equipment).
  • Identify and foster local/regional nursing talent and pathways for growth (i.e, leadership, surgery, dental, value communicator, inpatient, exam room, specialty, etc.)
  • Coach Nursing leaders and others through conflict management.
  • Model, mentor, and foster:
  • direct, respectful communication
  • exceptional patient care
  • professionalism and an emotionally intelligent culture
  • a collaborative Team approach
  • Help nurture a healthy work environment and life balance 
Minimum Qualifications:
  • Strongly preferred LVT/RVT/CVT with a minimum of 2 years of experience as a Veterinary Nurse/Technician in a clinical setting, emergency/specialty experience required
  • Minimum of 1 year experience in leadership, management, or supervision required 
  • Strong organization and communication skills
  • Demonstrable metrics of success in leadership and mentoring
  • Current, proven contributor as part of a well-functioning, highly effective Team
  • Possess Excellent communication skills
  • Exceptional technical skills and knowledge
  • Solution oriented

 What we offer: 


-
Health, vision, dental insurance 
-401k match
-8 weeks paid parental leave
-purr-ental leave when you adopt a pet
-Pet care discounts
-Opportunity for growth/development
-and so much more!