Veterinary Hospital Administrator
Pet Emergency & Specialty Center in La Mesa is hiring an experienced Hospital Administrator to lead our incredible team!
If you are interested in a unique opportunity to be a part of something great and want to lead a team of professionals dedicated to providing excellent patient and customer care, this is the opportunity you have been looking for!
At PESC East, we offer 24/7 emergency care for cats, dogs, pocket pets, and exotics in East County & San Diego County. We specialize in critical care, internal medicine, oncology, surgery and exotics!
The Hospital Administrator is to fulfill the leadership role as an “owner” of the hospital’s success. As such, the HA will be accountable for significant results across all areas of hospital performance and growth including revenue, productivity, staff training and performance, client satisfaction, and marketing effectiveness.
Who you are:
- A proven leader with 3+ years leading a team of over 100 employees.
- Currently responsible for the operations management of an organization generating $20M+ in revenue
- Familiar with veterinary healthcare.
- A visionary who is constantly striving to find new solutions
- An empathetic leader who is able to connect with board certified veterinarians as easily as you can connect with client care representatives.
- An expert with P&L management, comfortable with adhering to given financial expectations
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversight of daily operations of the hospital
- Employee support, coaching, correction, development, and motivation
- Development and implementation of various growth strategies in conjunction with the Regional Director
- Monitor and manage facility, administrative and labor costs pursuant to budget
- Analyze, forecast, and make recommendations regarding revenue, DVM productivity, profit margins, capital expenditures, budgeting, AR/AP, and reserves
- Streamline and establish protocols for staff/client interactions
- Demonstrate and reinforce the highest level of client service .As a partner with the marketing team, help design and implement marketing strategy to ensure continual growth of the practice
- Participate in industry and community activities, while also developing new and unique marketing projects and events
- Reports to the Regional Director of Ecosystems
The Hospital Administrator should ideally possess a bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or accounting or CVPM, and have 5+ years of hospital management experience in a large hospital setting
Job Type: Full-time salaried position $90-120,000/year, with a 4x10 schedule.
We offer an incredible benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401k, Continuing Education, wonderful pet benefits and much more!