Bid Desk Analyst
The Bid Desk Analyst will assemble and manage a bid team that has the skills to prepare and submit a winning bid, whilst taking ownership of the end-to-end bid process. The Bid Desk Analyst is typically responsible for managing an opportunity from initial identification of a customer requirement through to contract renewal strategy. After bid submission, the Bid Desk Analyst remains involved through the presentation and negotiation stages, ensuring all lessons learned are fed back and implemented.
The Bid Desk Analyst will be part of a larger, global team that has defined roles and responsibilities. The role will report to the Head of WW Bid Desk.
Measure of Success
Measures of success include win rate, capture rate, revenue secured, retention rates, bids submitted and achievement of internal SLAs.
Responsibilities include the introduction and implementation of all necessary bid procedures, governance, and processes. This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines. It requires strong people management, project management and commercial skills.
- Manage the end-to-end bid process.
- Manage virtual bid teams and inputs from key stakeholders, typically engaging with sales, marketing, product teams, finance, commercial, legal etc.
- Work with the Sales lead to develop a clear win strategy for each bid.
- Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues.
- Prepare and review the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all products / services are included in the final price to the customer.
- Risk tracking and management throughout the bid process.
- Contributing to the written proposal - both in terms of content and presentation (such as providing guidance around the executive summary).
- Ensure timescales are achieved at each step of the bid process, including all internal governance, while taking the initiative in setting realistic deadlines.
- Ensure on-time submission of compliant and commercially sound bids.
- Participate and contribute to all client presentations required as part of the bid submission.
- Drive continuous improvement, through post-bid reviews, both internally and with customers.
- Support the content audit processes in our content repository
- Support the content manager in acquiring, vetting, ingesting and enriching content
- Proven ability in delivering winning, high-value product or services opportunities.
- Ideally has a background in solution selling and experience of bid management from opportunity identification through to project delivery, and will provide valuable input into value proposition development, opportunity qualification, win strategy, commercial discussions, and solution delivery.
- Proven team leadership skills in office-based and virtual work environments.
- Must be an excellent communicator and comfortable working at CxO / Director Level (internal and external customer).
- Will be fully conversant with the competitive marketplace.
- Sound commercial understanding and profit and loss experience coupled with risk management skills.
- Has the ability to manage complex, multi-worksteam opportunities. Solid understanding and management of internal governance procedures.
- Strong project management background or successfully completed the Bid and Proposal Apprenticeship. APMP Foundation (Practitioner or Professional level desirable).
- English and German speaking. Other European languages highly desirable.
Does this sound like you? Let’s talk.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.