MTS- Sr. Cloud Platform Engineer (Control Plane)
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
MTS- Sr. Cloud Platform Engineer (Control Plane)
With the proliferation of billions of IoT devices at the Edge, generating vast amount of useful data, we need a decentralized computing platform that caters to variety of data processing applications ranging from real time processing, machine learning and inferencing to long term archival and retrieval of data.
The Nutanix Team:
We are building a new team to build an intelligent edge computing platform. This is a rare chance to be an early engineer on this team!. Our high level goal is to craft an IoT "OS" that makes the Edge and Cloud into one seamless entity for IoT developers. This is also an opportunity to work in a team of diverse skills. You will get a chance to apply and broaden your expertise in machine learning, data science, security, distributed systems, cloud services, serverless architectures, large scale sensor/device management.
Our Cloud Platform Engineer (Control Plane) is tasked with building multi-tenant, highly scalable, highly secure, robust Platform that spans from the Edge to the Cloud. You will build an API driven platform service that will support data processing pipelines across myriad of use cases in variety of industry verticals, demanding various degrees of latency and throughput characteristics. You will be responsible for applying best of the breed practices in building highly scalable, secure, multi-tenant cloud platform.
- Be part of the small team that’s developing Intelligent Edge Computing Platform service
- Design and implement Platform deployment and configuration components to provide very simple end user experience.
- Design and implement various management/control plane capabilities based on microservices architecture.
- Design and implement APIs to expose various platform capabilities to UI, Automated Tests, command line tools
- Design and implement various methods to setup:
- storage and access to customer data in the multi tenant cloud environment
- integration of Management Service with Billing and Metering, IAM providers
- system upgrades maintaining high level of service and data availability.
- Proficient in modern programming languages like Java, Python, GOLANG
- Experience developing platform services on public cloud infrastructure like AWS Cloud, Google Cloud or Azure Cloud
- Experience developing scalable applications on public cloud infrastructure like AWS, Google or Azure
- Extraordinary analytical and problem solving skills, Attention to details
- Excellent grasp of: software architectures and designs as well as microservices based architectures
- Extraordinary understanding of code optimization for performance and scalability
- Be an excellent teammate, communicate and collaborate well in a team environment
- Exposure to data persistence and processing software - Kafka, Spark, SQL, NoSql stores like ElasticSearch, DynamoDB
- 5+ years of experience building large scale distributed systems
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.