Automation/Tools Engineer - (Escalation Team)
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
We are looking for an Automation Engineer responsible for developing and maintaining innovative automation tools that help with reproduction of customer issues, collection and analysis of diagnostics data, and mining of historical data to find trends and build knowledge systems. This is a very dynamic role that requires the candidate to apply out of the box thinking to solve complex problems. Candidate will be required to learn new technologies and apply them at a short notice.
- Writing reusable, testable, scalable, and efficient code
- Implementation of tools using the Nutanix platform and/or the common public cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, GCP etc.
- Integration of data storage solutions using databases like MongoDB, SQLite and MySQL
- Ensure the Infrastructure running these applications and tools are monitored and maintained
- Support, maintain, and sustain the code in a true DevOps fashion
- Implementation of automated and/or unit tests for tools
- Continue to innovate and simplify
- Learn to troubleshoot new technologies and help support teams with automating issue resolution
Skills And Qualifications
- A passion for tools improvement and a can-do attitude are a must
- Strong knowledge of Python or any relevant computer language (Ex: GOlang)
- Knowledge of Shell scripting is a plus
- Understanding of any Infrastructure as Code tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible , Terraform
- Experience with using RESTful APIs
- Ability to learn new technologies at short notice and use them to quickly solve problems
- Should be able to read and understand product manuals and implement the product (manpages, pydocs, RFCs, API documentation etc.,)
- Good understanding of code versioning tools like Git
- Working command line knowledge of Linux operating system and some basic OS programing (i.e. opening network sockets, creating folder structure)
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Knowledge of at least one Python web framework like Django, Flask, TornadoWeb, etc will be an added advantage
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Prior experience writing automation tools for Support is a plus
- Working previously in a technical support role with exposure to Virtualization, Storage, Linux and Networking is a big plus
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical, Electronic or Computer Science Engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience is required.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.