Senior Financial Analyst
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
The Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team within Nutanix is a small high energy team providing finance partnership to business leaders across all functions. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a high impact team in a fast-growing organization. We provide analysis to support strategic decisions, conduct financial reviews of a wide range of business issues and manage financial processes such as planning, forecasting, reporting and tracking performance.
We are seeking a highly motivated professional with exceptional analytical skills to join us as a Sr. Financial Analyst. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, experienced, and highly analytical individual. This individual will analyze and report financial and operational results, monitor performance, and assist with the corporate planning/forecasting processes.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
Budgeting & Planning
- Assist with maintenance and administration of Adaptive Corporate Planning System
- Provide business partnership support for the Marketing and Professional Services departments
- Develop detailed financial forecasts incorporating historic, trended and current business information
- Work directly with budget managers to assist in the preparation of their annual budget and forecast updates
Monthly Close and Management Reporting:
- Work closely with the Accounting Team to prepare journal entries and accruals as part of the monthly close process
- Prepare a variance analysis to identify and explain significant variances to budget
- Prepare departmental reports with budget to actual comparison for distribution to Marketing and Professional Services department leaders
- Provide information and analysis to department leads to assist them with understanding their results
- Perform financial analysis, as directed by management, and recommend alternative courses of action utilizing appropriate financial tools. (e.g. NPV analysis)
- Assist in preparation of analytics and presentations for Board of Directors and Executive Staff
- Ad hoc Bookings and pipeline reporting
- BA/BS in Business Administration or Finance with ~5 years of FP&A related experience
- Superior knowledge of excel with advanced knowledge of pivot tables, lookups, and logical functions a must
- Experience with ERP/Planning Systems (Adaptive Planning/Netsuite a plus)
- Ability to think creatively and quickly with minimal direction and information
- Strong business and analytical skills; ability to multi-task, stay organized and prioritize deadlines in a continually evolving environment
- Strong relationship building and communication skills, experience and desire to work cross-functionally and be a contributing team member
- Experience working in a high growth IT systems/networking organization preferred
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.