Software Engineer (Core Data Path)
MTS - Software Engineer (Core Data Path)
Here at Nutanix we are looking for a Software Engineer in the Core Data Path that are responsible for the storage fabric that underlies the entire Nutanix solution. They also come up with ways to replicate data to remote sites so that work can continue after any given site goes down
What you will do:
- Architect, design and develop software for a converged compute + storage platform for the software defined data center
- Develop a deep understanding of complex distributed systems, and design innovative solutions for customer requirements
- Improve performance, scale-out and resiliency of distributed storage systems
- Work closely with other development teams, testers, documentation writers and product management to deliver high-quality products in a fast-paced environment
- Engage with customers and support when needed to solve production issues
What we would like to see in you:
- 4-7 years of experience and a love of programming and expertise in one or more languages: C++, C, Java
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, and analysis techniques
- Ability to get things done in Linux, and familiar with how it works under the hood
- Experience with any of file systems, operating systems, database back-ends, distributed systems, cloud technologies
- Past projects involving large-scale distributed systems such as Hadoop, Cassandra, Zookeeper
- Comfortable with virtualization technologies like KVM, VMware, Hyper-V, Xen
- Both New College grads and experienced developers are welcome to apply.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's in Computer Science or related field
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.