Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
As a Serviceability Engineer, you actively participate in the capacity of an Individual Contributor providing serviceability requirements and working closely with Product Managers and Engineering to track progress of these features. The Serviceability Engineer will perform pre-release product validation and verification, share field lessons learned/issues seen post-release, and drive corresponding serviceability features and tools into product design. This is a challenging position with the opportunity to work collaboratively with professionals in a number of cross functional areas, with a focus on enhancing the customer experience by improving product serviceability and usability.
- Develop Business Requirement documents to drive Serviceability improvements in the product
- Define and drive changes to our product with the Engineering teams through PRD reviews, validation testing and attending regular standups
- Provide input to Engineering on new products early in the NPI cycle to improve serviceability and diagnostic functions
- Develop troubleshooting guides by collaborating with Engineering and Support teams
- Review deferred and critical defects with Engineering and follow through to ensure fixes are provided in a timely manner
- Work collaboratively with the Support and other cross functional Organizations for product and process improvements
- Work closely with Release Management and Portal team on all S/W releases
- Collaborate with DevEx and other Engineering functions to prioritize field issues - Review test plans and provide input to ensure field issues and other known gaps are included in test automation scripts and results are continually assessed
- Lead release criteria testing phase, document test plans/results, track bugs found and monitor bug fix rate
- Check for customer found defects and work with Engineering on prioritizing which ones need to be backported to applicable release trains
- Keep management informed of key issues and changes that may impact expected business results
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Must have strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Must have strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Must have skills to effectively influence cross-functional teams
- Must be able to facilitate teams to successful resolution of issues
- Must have good negotiation, conflict management & resolution skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and act in a lead role as a subject matter expert within a team environment to meet aggressive goals and pre-defined measurement criteria
- Familiarity with hardware and software development life cycle models
- Experience in Storage, Virtualization or Networking a plus
- Experience working in or closely with a Customer Support organization
Responsibility and Experience:
- The tasks this individual is responsible are often unstructured and the issues addressed are less defined requiring new perspectives and creative approaches
- This individual will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving problems that are complex in scope requiring in-depth evaluation
- Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems as well as identifying problems in advance, and proposing solutions
- This individual must work effectively with Staff to Vice President level employees within the function, across functions and with external parties
- Limited supervision and direction is provided, as this individual can operate and drive results and set priorities independently
- The ideal candidate will be a proactive contributor and subject matter expert
- To be successful, this individual must demonstrate favorable results through regular leadership and influencing others
- A minimum of 5 years of technology industry and support experience is required
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience is required
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.