Virtualization Software Engineer
Integral to the Nutanix software stack is the Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV). AHV is an enterprise-grade hypervisor tailor-made for Nutanix's software solution and has reliability, performance and scalability characteristics proven to be capable of meeting the demands of the toughest enterprise and private cloud workloads. AHV is built from open-source technologies including KVM, qemu, Open vSwitch and libvirt.
- Design and develop new AHV features.
- Fix problems and maintain AHV features.
- Constantly push towards making AHV highly reliable, performant and secure.
- Interact with open source communities.
- Be passionate about datacenter management problems and strive to come up with innovative solutions.
- Leading the development of features from concept to market.
- Mentoring other software engineers.
- Extensive knowledge of OS internals, particularly UNIX/Linux.
- Good experience in C and Python programming languages
- Familiarity with x86 architecture, virtualization, storage and network management.
- Debugging experience across hardware and platform firmware.
- Experience in Linux driver maintenance.
- Ability to work with open source communities is preferred.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS or MS (preferred) in Computer Science or related.
- 10+ years of industry experience, with 4+ years of related kernel / drivers experience on x86.
- Skilled in C/C++, multi-threading, algorithms, data structures on Linux.
- Strong debugging skills in linux kernel mode.
- Experience developing software for Unix/Linux/BSD operating systems at the kernel level.
- Device driver development experience in Unix/Linux/BSD environments.
- Knowledge of software engineering practices and software design principles.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Team player, with the willingness to work with globally distributed teams.
- Outstanding attitude and energy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting email@example.com
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.